Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunshine2872 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 10:50 PM
    How long do pain killers stay in your system?
    I am needing to know how long Lortabs and Percocets stay in your system.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 11:10 AM
    I assume you are having a drug test, it would depend what they test, blood: about 24 hours, hair 90 days, urine: up to 3 days

Search: percocet detection time
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 26, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Percocet and Lortab are opoid anagelsics, and according to by textbook (Keltner & Mosby's Nursing Drug Reference) they can be detected anywhere from 1 - 7 days in the urine and blood.

One must also take into account length of usage, how often used, body size and weight among a few other things.

I did not find the link above to be particularly helpful in that it stated that that with THC/marijuana (habitual use), for instance, is out of the blood in 24 hours, this information is incorrect. It takes Marijuana up to 15 weeks not to be detected in the blood. This is from pate 496 of Psychiatric Nursing, Fifth Edition, Keltler. The link is one specifically designed to sell "dextox" products.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Didn't notice, you would think they would over-exagerate if they were trying to sell a product!
    Expert

Mar 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Yeah, that is what I thought too, but in our substance abuse lecture they state that none of these products actually work anyway.

The link says something about the drugs being in the hair for only 90 days, that is only if you shave your head! LOL

Drugs can stay in hair follicles for much much longer than that. 90 days is 12 weeks, 3 months, THC can be detected in the blood for up to 15 weeks which is 3 weeks longer than what the site says it stays in the hair.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Buy I've always read they only use about an inch and a half (3 CM) of hair measured from the scalp, and (in general) this portion represents 90 days.
    Expert

Mar 26, 2007, 12:32 PM
    I see your point, however, there is nothing out there that will "erase" drugs from the hair follicle. So, traces may be smaller past the 3cm point, but they are still detectable. Closer to the 3cm point they are in much higher concentration.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace burner does not stay long and goes out [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace burner does not stay long. I had my pilot light goes out. I lit the pilot light and it works. And as soon as I put the wall thermostat on ON position for heat, I can see the burner starts with the normal flame. But after 30 seconds burner flame goes off as well the pilot light goes out...

How long does Vicodin stay in system [ 5 Answers ]

Please give me an accurate time frame.

How long does hydrocodone stay in your system? [ 1 Answers ]

If u took three hydrocodone in a three week period, would they shoe in a salivia sample two weeks after the last dose?

How long does vicodin stay in your system? [ 6 Answers ]

How long does it take for vicodin to be out of your system?

How long must they stay? [ 1 Answers ]

What period must I allow my tenants to 'stay' in my residence after being served with an eviction notice for non-payment of rent? Is the time frame the same throughout the State of Texas or does it vary by county?

View more questions Search