Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arollins1112 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 08:01 AM
    How much does it cost for my husband to adopt my son who's father is not in his life?
    My husband has been my sons father since he was 3, and now my son is 7, and wants to have the same last name as the rest of the family. About how much does the process cost for him to adopt my son?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2013, 08:08 AM
    Assuming the bio father will sign off on it, about 5000 dollars.
    But if bio father will not sign off for it, first it may not even be allowed, but it will be fought in court and would start at about 10,000 or so at least.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2013, 08:38 AM
    This can vary by area. I've seen fees starting at $1500. So shop around.
    arollins1112 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2013, 02:18 PM
    Well we did some shoppin around and we found that it will cost about 1000 and much easier than I thought it would be than k you for your answers
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 15, 2013, 03:24 PM
    Thanks for letting us know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son is 8 how does my husband adopt him father not anywhere to be seen [ 5 Answers ]

How can my husband adopt my son his real father doesn't have any thing to do with him he isn't on his bith certificate and hasn't got his name he has my maiden name

The father of my son passed away and my new husband wants to adopt my son? [ 1 Answers ]

My son's father passed way almost two years ago. I just remarried and my new husband wants to adopt my son. My new husband has been taking care of my son like his own for a year now and my son just adores him and all ready calls him "Dad". We live in Illinois and just wanted to know where we...

Can my husband adopt my son and his father still have visitation [ 2 Answers ]

My husband wants to adopt my son. My son's father is in the picture but does not pay child support for the child as he is ordered by the court. The biological father got married when I was 2 months pregnant and was not there to sign the birth certificate. Legally, can my husband adopt our son?

Don't know father of son, can my husband still adopt? [ 5 Answers ]

My fiancé wants to adopt my son. I don't know who my sons biological father is. Do I need to fallow the same legalities as if I knew who the father was or can my fiancé adopt him with no problems? Where do I go from here?

View more questions Search