Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vmeyer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 04:38 AM
    Storing and Refrigerator and a Deep Freezer
    I need advice on putting my refrigerator and an upright deep freezer in a self storing unit for about 6 months. The unit is not climate controlled. Do I put anything in the units?
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Mar 25, 2007, 04:41 AM
    Box of baking soda and leave the doors open is what I was taught-- Savage
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Mar 25, 2007, 04:49 AM
    Clean and thaw it really good before you leave it, and put baking soda into both of them to make sure they sit upright because it could cause problems with the freon. Otherwise there should be no problem Please Rate.
    All Star Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vmeyer
    I need advice on putting my refrigerator and an upright deep freezer in a self storing unit for about 6 months. the unit is not climate controlled. Do I put anything in the units?
    Freezers and refrigerators must be cleaned well and the doors left ajar. It's always a good idea to cover things in storage with a big sheet of plastic to protect your property from dust. All places get dusty, just like your home, but no one seems to think of dusting and vacuuming their storage unit.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 10:34 AM
    About the above, a plastic bag over the fridge and freezer would defeat the purpose of keeping the doors open, to prevent heat and moisture from being trapped inside the units and causing a bad odor when removed from storage.

It's a good idea to cover them though, try a heavy cloth storage blanket, it will provide more protection from minor dents and scratches as well as allowing airflow.
    exring Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vmeyer
    I need advice on putting my refrigerator and an upright deep freezer in a self storing unit for about 6 months. the unit is not climate controlled. Do I put anything in the units?
    If you clean out the inside of the units and leave the door open just an inch or so the odor after storage will be minimal. If you spray the entire inside of the units with odorxit concentrate it will not matter if you close the doors or not. There will be no odor later. Odorxit.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Removal of the freezer panel (Maytag refrigerator) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maytag refrigerator MTB1504ARW. Could anyone be so kind to explain me how I can remove the sheet metal panel inside of the freezer section to check the coils for ice buildup? I have tried this but the panel doesn't come off easily so I am worried not to brake something. Cheers!

Refrigerator freezer running but not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

My refrigerator freezer is running, but it is not cooling

Older GE Refrigerator freezer fan screeches [ 1 Answers ]

HELP -- our older GE refrigerator model tbx145abbraa makes an awful screeching sound when the fan kicks on in the freezer. We have had maintenance look at it a couple of times and every time they say they fixed it but again, whenever the fan kicks on it screeches for about 2 minutes then stops. ...

Refrigerator/Freezer NOISE.. [ 0 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: OK - just got back from a week of vacation. My fridge/freezer (Amana ARS2364AW - 6 years old) is making a weird noise. Seems to be coming from under the ice maker on the freezer side. I noticed some ice cicles (sp) on the racks underneath and some water/ice build...

GE Profile bottom freezer refrigerator drain blocked [ 1 Answers ]

How do I clear clogged drain in GE Profile bottom freezer fridge?

View more questions Search