Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hlfway Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Bleeding when going to the bathroom
    I am an 18 year old woman.
    When I go to the bathroom I have recently found that I am bleeding when I go for a poop. What could be causing this? What do I need to do?
    jonjons1girl Posts: 85, Reputation: 7

Mar 21, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hlfway
    When I go to the bathroom I have recently found that I am bleeding when I go for a poop. What could be causing this? What do I need to do?
    It could be from a small tear in the lining of your rectum. It is very common, and can be caused by constipation or anything. It's important to have your Gyn doctor or regular doctor check it out and then they can repair the tear.
    Toddro61 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Most likely it is from a hemorrhoid. If you can't feel one on the outside, then it is probably an internal hemorrhoid. Search the internet and you will find lots of information on how to prevent them.
    Norahd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Hi how are.

I saw your question. I think your problem could be Hemorrhoids. I think a visit to the doctor will confirm this. He/She could prescribe cream or suppositories. They usually clear over time.

Good luck.

Norahd
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Mar 23, 2007, 06:53 PM
    Sounds like hemorrhoids to me also. I think women are more proned to this condition.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Mar 23, 2007, 06:56 PM
    That's just gross, go to the doctor.
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Mar 23, 2007, 07:12 PM
    It could be either a Hemorroid or tearing in the rectum. You should to go a doctor ASAP.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Mar 23, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Yeah not to sound mean (you are young) but as a general rule anytime you are not sure you need to go to the doctor. If you can not afford it, go to the emergency room and give them a fake name.

Mar 23, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Or a Teen Clinic. They are anonimous, and can tell you if you have a tear or a hemorrhoid.
    nikki_22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 10

Sep 15, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hlfway
    Bright red blood usually means hemorroids. These can be cause from constipation. Usually this is due to dehydration. Make sure you are drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. Pop or juice is just not the same. Eating salads, whole grains, and staying away from fast foods will help. If you are on any meds, ask you doctor if this could be a possible side effect. If your stools are black and tarry, this could indicate bleeding from you colon, which is serious. The red blood is fresh, so it's most likely a localized problem. Are you on birth control? If hemorroid cream, water, and diet and exercise don't help within a week or two, then you should go to the doctor. If you have any other symptoms at all, go to the doctor right away. They may ask you to give a stool sample and will provide an exam. Don't worry about it. I had the same thing a while back and it was just roids. If you sit down a lot at work or school, that could contribute too. Good luck to you!

Sep 17, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Also, you should try an Over-the-counter stool softener :)
    Varoth Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Probably a tear, go see a doc to get it fixed.
    123gemma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 05:28 AM
    hi, I'm in hopsital at the moment for the same thing apart from constant pain as well, the doctors here think I may have chromes desase, it is so important to go to your local gp or up to your closest hospital, I know its embarissing but u really need to have it checked out good luck x x x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am new here and hope you could help, I am trying for a baby, I had my period (of a 28-30 day cycle)on July 31 so I used clearplan to determine my ovulation which happened on the 13- 14, been having sex day in day out since the beginig of this month. On August 18 I had bright red spotting...

Bathroom plumbing with basement bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me what cause my upstairs bathroom to back up into my basement bathroom?

Bleeding [ 3 Answers ]

When you experince implantion bleeding are you supposed to have back aches and cramping.and is the bleeding supposed to be little to no bleeding at all.

Another Bathroom is needed... The boys are fighting to use the bathroom [ 7 Answers ]

First, thank you for having this kind of forum. Now also let me say that I'm not well versed in the plumbing lingo so hopefully you will be patient with my questions. I live in a 3 levels home (Basement, Main, Upstairs) with the existing bathroom is on the main floor. I'm planing to add...

What Is The Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband and I have been trying to get P for 6 months now my last cycle started on 17/04/05 o was on 30/04/05 we had intercourse around that day and that day next cycle was due 15/05/05 on 09/05/05 I was discharging a light red muck like mucus this occurred for 6 days on and off nothing big...

View more questions Search