Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redrumx3 Posts: 62, Reputation: 15

Sep 7, 2011, 09:02 AM
    He doesn't want a relationship, so why is he jealous?
    I really like this guy and was "talking" to him and became intimate under the impression that we would be pursuing more. Well he backed away claiming it scared him how much he liked me, that his feelings changed every day, etc. Although we talked all the time, in the course of 3 months or so we only hung out twice outside of the few late night calls. So rather than drive myself crazy because we wanted different things and also because I deserve more respect, I told him we'd just be friends. He understood where I was coming from and we continued to be friends (this was a few weeks ago).

Sorry for the Facebook drama, but it's what sparked this. The other day he "liked" a picture a male photographer friend of mine took of me and then "unliked" it a day later, followed by a status about wishing people got notified when you unliked their things. I put up a status about maturity and he immediately texted me about it because he knew I meant him, tried to act like he didn't know what I was talking about, then admitted he was jealous and because the picture was amazing he didn't like it. He's also a photographer. He hasn't spoken to me since. Honestly, how can he not want to commit to me but expect that I essentially commit to him?

I have this internal battle going on, I know I shouldn't talk to him and if I do it won't help at all, but I miss just talking to him :/.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 8, 2011, 04:32 AM
    I wouldn't put too much credibility in what he says or does. He doesn't know what is going on and probably never will. Don't waste your time trying to figure it out, you won't be able to.

Tick
    redrumx3 Posts: 62, Reputation: 15

Sep 8, 2011, 10:40 AM
    Yesterday I saw him at work while I was showing a woman where a department was and he ended up walking with me, talking to her and me. When I got to the destination he asked me to walk with him, he asked me for a hug goodbye, hugged me the way he used to and said, "I miss your hugs." He texted me later and said I looked beautiful, which he rarely called me when we were "together".

I hadn't talked to him since the jealousy thing happened, but out of nowhere he starts sweet talking me? I just don't understand. I feel like he's just trying to lure me back in so to speak, because if he had the intention of being with me he would have done it by now.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2011, 11:01 AM
    Sounds like he just wanted a hook-up but doesn't have the balls to tell you that.

Last summer I did something similar to a girl. I just wanted fun, but she either wanted a relationship or a friendship, and I knew she wasn't the kind of girl I want to date seriously, so I ended up sending her all sorts of mixed signals, ignored her texts and just acted weird because I couldn't bring myself to tell her my true intention.

This guy ain't worth the trouble, move on.
    OurLife100 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2013, 05:17 PM
    He's messing with your head. He is working on making you think he likes you rather than actually doing it,so forget him and move on, and show him you're the type of girl who doesn't do hook ups. Not only you'll be more attractive to him but you'll have the rest of the guys' eyes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship, I'm Jealous. [ 17 Answers ]

Hello I'm 23 years old and live in an apartment with my girlfriend for about 2 years. All in all we're doing great we're both still in love. Except for one thing - I'm jealous as hell. <Now keep in mind this is written because i want help to get rid of it. something i can do.>

Jealous Boyfriend. Is our relationship over? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I started dating about 4 months ago. Our relationship has been pretty good. We had this instant connection that neither one of us has ever felt with anybody else. I love him so much with my whole heart but I really messed up. We have not been in many fights but the ones we have had...

In an open relationship and jealous as hell! [ 9 Answers ]

HI I am medical student in a loving long distant relationship with the most wonderful man. But a few weeks ago I slept with a friend and after careful consideration we both decided we want it to be an open relationship. I had no problem with this arrangement,in fact I was enjoying it because...

My husband is jealous of my relationship with my 19 year old son. [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is jealous of my relationship with my 19 year old son. He now doesn't want to go on weekends away with him anymore only with me and says he doesn't want our daughter living with us when she finishes uni as he says she's against him as well.

Am I just jealous of my husband's relationship with his coworker? Or is it more? [ 20 Answers ]

OK the story... My husband and I have been together totalling 16 years/ 11 married. We have 3 children. My husband has always been wildly successful. When he chose to start a business we decided to take the dive and start it together 5 years ago. We worked together very well but our homelife was...

View more questions Search