Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    warlock49766 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2013, 06:41 PM
    Coleman Mobile Home Furnace
    Coleman furnace model # 7956A856 ,

The problem I'm experiencing is that the burners will not ignite. It was working fine this morning came home from work to a cold house. The pilot is still lit,. has current, the thermostat is functioning, as is the limit switch as there is continuity from the one terminal to the other the only thing I can think of is the small transformer died,. no burner and no fan turn on to provide heat.

Any sugestions??
    Thanks for any support anyone can give,.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2013, 06:57 PM
    Check for voltage out of the transformer. It should be around 28 volts AC.

Jan 3, 2013, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Grady White View Post
    Check for voltage out of the transformer. It should be around 28 volts AC.
    Thanks Grady,. I did check that originally and I'm not getting anything,. the meter shows .001v. AC at 2 terminals, And nothing on the others on the transformer,. that's what made me think it was the problem. 120 v. AC at the power switch in and out and 120 v. AC at 1 orange and 1 brown connection on a pair of thermal sensors (?) mounted on the face of the cabinet right next to each other. (they actually share the center mounting screw)

Check anything else ? Or just surmise it's going to be the transformer,.
    Thanks again,.
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2013, 08:27 PM
    From what you are saying, it sounds like you are not getting any power to the transformer. Check the wiring diagram on the furnace to determine which wires are power to & from the transformer. You should have 120 VAC in & +/- 24 VAC out.

Jan 3, 2013, 08:39 PM
    From what you are saying, it sounds like you are not getting any power to the transformer. Check the wiring diagram on the furnace to determine which wires are power to & from the transformer. You should have 120 VAC in & +/- 24 VAC out.
    Thanks again,. I was trying to determine what fed the current to the transformer The schematic that's glued to the transformer cover is deteriorated and only 1/3 of it it still there. I'll have to backtrack the feed wire to see where it takes me in the morning I've been up since 4 AM to go to work this morning and I'm dead tired at this point. I tried searching online for a workable schematic but just got a maze of various search engines leading me from one to the next without any luck in finding the diagram,.

A very BIG thank you for your assistance with this so far,.

Jan 4, 2013, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by warlock49766 View Post
    Thanks again,.. I was trying to determine what fed the current to the transformer The schematic that's glued to the transformer cover is deteriorated and only 1/3 of it it still there. I'll have to backtrack the feed wire to see where it takes me in the morning I've been up since 4 AM to go to work this morning and I'm dead tired at this point. I tried searching online for a workable schematic but just got a maze of various search engines leading me from one to the next without any luck in finding the diagram,..

A very BIG thank you for your assistance with this so far,..
    Just wanted to let you know the findings,. someone else may visit this site with the same issues.

It was a faulty "roll-out switch" giving me all my headaches,. thanks for all your help and suggestions,. Terry
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2013, 04:01 PM
    Glad you got it figured out.
    BTW, those two thermal sensors which share a center screw are probably the fan & limit switches. The fan is a normally open & closes on temperature rise to bring on the fan. The limit is a normally closed & opens on temperature rise to shut down the burner if the furnace gets too hot.

Jan 4, 2013, 04:10 PM
    Glad you got it figured out.
    BTW, those two thermal sensors which share a center screw are probably the fan & limit switches. The fan is a normally open & closes on temperature rise to bring on the fan. The limit is a normally closed & opens on temperature rise to shut down the burner if the furnace gets too hot.
    Gotcha' Grady,. thanks again for your input and help. Nice to have the furnace up and running again with the temps outside in the high teens and low to mid 20's

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Coleman Mobile home furnace [ 6 Answers ]

The blower fan keeps running and will stop until the breaker is shut off for a while. It may run fine through its complete cycles for a day or two, but will do it again! The furnace hasn't been used for about 4 years. What needs fixed or replaced, and where do I find these parts? The trailer was...

Coleman Mobile Home Furnace [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Doris and my heater has stopped blowing out heat. I'm trying to fix it myself. It is a Coleman furnace model #3400-590. I have been looking for answers through Colemans site but no luck. How can I tell if its just a switch or the blower has died? Appreciate the help. Hope everyone...

Coleman furnace mobile home [ 3 Answers ]

In the summer my air will cut on and run through its cycle then cut off like its should but when it kicks back on the fan out side on the unit will not cut on so I have to turn the switch on the furnace in the hall to off then cool over an over till you hear the out side unit cut on and the coolent...

Electric Coleman Mobile Home Furnace [ 0 Answers ]

With the thermostat disconnected, furnace keeps running. With the thermostat connected and turned way down, the heat and blower continue to run. The furnace will continue to run until shut off at the breaker. When the breaker is turned on again, the furnace will come on automatically. What can I do...

Coleman mobile home electric furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a presidential colman furnace I have a problem with it getting to the degree I set it on can anyone help me

View more questions Search