Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thesomani Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2013, 07:09 PM
    Is there a way to bypass the thermostat for the furnace?
    I have a honeywell thermostat (really old one) and looks like the furnace does not get the signal when to turn on. Is there a way to by pass the thermostat so I can manually turn the furnace on (force the thermostat to send the on signal for the heater) while I look for the replacement?

I have a honeywell CT3500A4453 - 0150 model (I think)

Thanks.
    jackasper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2013, 09:40 PM
    Yes, at the thermostat, tie the white and red wires together for heat, take them apart for heat to shut off
    jackasper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2013, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jackasper View Post
    Yes, at the thermostat, tie the white and red wires together for heat, take them apart for heat to shut off
    Please keep in mind that this is not a solution to the problem, rather a work around that should get your signal to the furnace. If it doesn't work, go directly to the furnace where the thermostat wires come in to the control board, turn off the power to the unit, and find a way to jumper either at the control boardor as close to it as you can get, the red and white wires or the terminals marked (R) and (W). This will eliminate (or rule out) the thermostat and all of the wiring going to it from any number of possible things causing it to not deliver it's signal, like mice or corrosion or bad thermostat... Also keep in mind that having a ground between yourself (static bracelet) and the furnace body is a good idea when working with electronics. Hope this helps !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jumper wire at furnace to bypass thermostat... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has an easy step by step process that I can follow to jumper my thermostat at the furnace. If I do not have access to the thermostat (upstairs and the landlord isn't home, but I am working in the tenants apartment in the basement) and I want to check my manifold...

How to bypass Robert Shaw thermostat from early 70's era [ 0 Answers ]

It is very old not digital I want to bypass it to turn on thew heater is this possible? Please respond with helpful information

I have an old Robert Shaw thermostat how do I bypass it to turn on the heater/ [ 0 Answers ]

I live in an old house that has a old floor heater, the thermostat will not turn the heat on. How can I bypass the thermostat and turn on the heater? The yellow wires are connected to the Mercury and the black ones are connected to screws.

How do I jumper a TX500B Thermostat, bypass the therm. To see if it's working? [ 6 Answers ]

I hear the thermastat click when I raise the setpoint above the measured temp, but nothing happens. I want to jumper out the therm. just to eliminate it as the problem. From left to right - I have G, Y, W, RH & RC - there is a jumper from RH to RC, with a red wire connected. I do read 28 VAC from...

View more questions Search