Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iyah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2012, 02:48 PM
    Certified Medical assistant with Misdemeanor theft would I be able to get a job?
    Hello everyone,

2008 I got convicted a misdemeanor theft. Since then I've never been in trouble. I'm currently looking for medical assisting job but I'm just wondering if there's a way I could get a job with record. Does any one here that are medical assistant that have/had record and still get a job.

I'm just feeling down that I may not be able to get a job because of the accident 4 years ago.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2012, 05:12 PM
    Most employers ask applicants if they have ever been convicted of a felony. Given that yours was a misdemeanor charge, I think you should just apply for the jobs that interest you. If the matter comes up, address it honestly. "I made a serious mistake in judgement and paid the consequences for it. I've matured since then and it will not be an issue in my life or work moving forward".

If the theft related to drugs or medications you might have nore difficulty if the job would give you access to prescriptions. I would assume that medical assistants would not have such access anyway.

There are times when a record can be expunged (erased) and it might be worth talking to an attorney to see if that can be done. The usual motivation for this to be done is to improve employment prospects in a situation such as yours - a one time lapse in behavior.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2012, 09:43 PM
    There is no reason you can't get a job with one.
    BUT
    The issue is, if there is one job opening, there may be 100 people applying. So it is hard to get one at all.

You will have to sell them on why you would be the best choice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get a job as a Medical Assistant if I can an assault arrest on my record? [ 7 Answers ]

I just turned 18 and my brother and I got into a little fight and my mother dearest called the cops on me... I went to jail for 2 days for assault on a minor and property damage, which was a cheap chain I broke. I was released and all charges was dismissed by court but I cannot get this off my...

I have a felony will it affect me in becoming a medical assistant or finding a job? [ 11 Answers ]

I have a felony and it was from vehicular assault. I was 23 when it happened and it was from drinking and driving. My friend was in the car and broke her finger. She didn't want to press charges but the state did. I was barely over the limit, no excuse but just saying. To top it off my friend was...

I am a certified nursing assistant with a felony child support can I still be hired? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been a certified nursing assistant in Kentucky for 12 years.I recently got convicted of a felony for child support.Can I still work as a nursing assistant and go back to school to further my education?

View more questions Search