Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    839Bitten Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2012, 10:44 PM
    Small white biting bug
    The small white things are literally biting me everywhere on my body. I thought they were bedbugs and called in an exterminator to come in and spray. The exterminator came out and called me saying my home had no bedbugs and no other bugs or pests that could be identified. I relaxed for the day, until I came home. I noticed them about a month ago in October. I live high in the Rocky Mountains, at about 8,400 feet. I've tried catching these things, but, when I seem to see one or many, they flatten, they appear on my clothes and pretty much everywhere in my home, except in or around water. I seem to be able to identify them seeing what look like super small shiny spots, soon thereafter, I feel them biting me. These "white things" look almost like flakes of skin, they seem to start on me as soon as I come in the door. I do not feel them when outside of my house. I've tried everything I know to do to eradicate these things, alcohol spray, flea spray, bleaching nearly every surface, all to no avail. I feel them the worst at night which caused me to believe they were bedbugs, but, no bedbugs were found by the exterminator. Their bites are very painful at times, and just a minor nuisance at others. Please help me in getting rid of these things. I feel them on my face, in my eyebrows, my nose, my underarms and lately in my ears.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 28, 2012, 04:31 AM
    Go to any hardware store and buy a 3 pack of bug bombs (or more, one bomb for each room). Follow the instructions carefully. Answer back if that doesn't work.

Small and white could be early flea stage or mites, of which there are countless kinds. You should see adult fleas though, which are small and very dark, and which hop. So you may have mites from a dead animal in a wall or attic. Some such as the bird mite are extremely difficult to get rid of, and I really don't know what to say if that's what you have. You'd have to catch one and have it examined.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny white bugs biting me [ 2 Answers ]

I just moved into a new apt. and when the weather heated up I started getting bit. They are extremely small kind of round white/transparent bugs. I can't tell how many legs. I've caught them on my body but I can't always see them. I've washed all my bedding and cleaned and sprayed by Apt. with...

Small shiny Biting Bugs [ 0 Answers ]

I found minuscule shiny bugs that bites. They are in everything and everywhere in the house. Pest control said it was carpet beetles and sprayed. Did not do anything. Then I tried every bug spray on the market, bought a steamer, steamed every inch of this place with no result. The bites looks...

Why are white flies biting me? [ 0 Answers ]

The Question is : Why are these tiny white translucent winged flies biting only me? Yesterday this morning I spayed the undersides of all my spider plants, I will now wait to see if this helps. I'm the only one these pests are biting. I think I know the reason, I have been battling Candida Albanian...

Help! Small biting flies mainly around kitchen [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone please help? Mainly in our kitchen, though a couple have been spotted upstairs, we have tiny black flies that are extremely annoying. At first I thought these were fruit flies but now we are getting bitten badly so I'm at a loss. We keep the place clean and tidy but do have 2...

White winged flying human biting insect [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me identify insect. We were thinking it was a bird mite, but looking at the pictures, the characteristics of my insect doesn't match totally with a bird mite. It is white in coloring, has pinchers, legs and almost transparent wings. It lands and bites, it also leaves a red spot on...

View more questions Search