Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leeleechanda Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2012, 05:39 PM
    Self control when it comes to food.
    I have been unsuccessully trying to lose weight for the past 5 years. Only recently I tried a 3 month eating plan which I was somehow able to stick to. I lost 10kgs (about 22 lbs) during that time.
    Yesterday was the last day of the diet, and today I have found myself unable to hold back on what I have been missing out on for the past few months (chocolate, chips, candy, cakes, etc.).
    In my mind, I feel like I deserve a reward for sticking to the diet for 12 weeks, but I also know that it will undo all of the hard work I have done.
    I know that the key is moderation, but once I start eating bad food, I just can't stop myself until there is none left.

So my question is: How can I control the amount of junk food that I eat? I want to be able to maintain this weight loss, and possibly lose more weight.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 17, 2012, 05:43 PM
    What kind of a diet were you on? You should learn good eating habits and have an occasional treat so you don't feel like you are missing so much. My doctor gave me a list of what I couldn't eat, not what I could. It was my job to find things to eat that were healthy. She also called it a lifestyle change, meaning I should always eat like this.
    leeleechanda Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2012, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    What kind of a diet were you on? You should learn good eating habits and have an occasional treat so you don't feel like you are missing so much. My doctor gave me a list of what I couldn't eat, not what I could. It was my job to find things to eat that were healthy. She also called it a lifestyle change, meaning I should always eat like this.
    The diet was the CSIRO diet. It basically consisted of having hi-fibre breakfast cereal with low fat milk for breakfast, 100g protein + salad for lunch, and 200g protein + salad or vegetables for dinner. Also 2 pieces of fruit and 200g low fat dairy dessert like yoghurt throughout the day.

I think that maybe having an occasional treat would be a good idea. If I go "cold turkey" like I did, I have found that I will just binge on junk food when I get the chance. So maybe a couple of chocolates here and there won't hurt?

My husband thinks that I wasn't getting enough food, and was compensating for it in the middle of the night, because about ten different occasions, he found me rummaging through the fridge in my sleep. Is that normal for a diet?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 17, 2012, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leeleechanda View Post
    The diet was the CSIRO diet. It basically consisted of having hi-fibre breakfast cereal with low fat milk for breakfast, 100g protein + salad for lunch, and 200g protein + salad or vegetables for dinner. Also 2 peices of fruit and 200g low fat dairy dessert like yoghurt throughout the day.

I think that maybe having an occasional treat would be a good idea. If I go "cold turkey" like I did, I have found that I will just binge on junk food when I get the chance. So maybe a couple of chocolates here and there won't hurt?

My husband thinks that I wasn't getting enough food, and was compensating for it in the middle of the night, because about ten different occasions, he found me rummaging through the fridge in my sleep. Is that normal for a diet?
    Sleepwalking on a diet, probably not, but you should ask your doctor to help monitor your weight. Mine told me to weigh in as often as I wanted. I've lost 30 pounds and have kept it off. It helped with my doctor watching my weight and I had a tiny piece of chocolate once a week. No sugar, no preservatives, high fiber foods, lots of water, fruits, vegetables, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog stop eating his dog food or drink but he will eat table food [ 6 Answers ]

Last week we took a long road trip and took our dog with us. On the trip he eat his food with no problems but we did give him table food at times. Now he will not eat his food unless it's mixed with table food and he will no drink from his water bowl. Can you help? Should I take him to the vet?

Why don't I have any self control when it comes to food or dieting? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 19. I used to weigh 230 pounds and I am currently at 190. I used to eat well and exercise daily and even started running. I was completely healthy, I had perfect blood pressure and fantastic cholesterol. I didn't even drink anything other then water. But lately, all I do is eat junk. I'll eat...

Birth control as well as food and medicine [ 8 Answers ]

Please forgive me if this is not the right forum to ask this question. As the US provides life saving medical treatment and food to impovrished nations, do we also provide and strongly promote the use of contraception? If not, isn't it an endless expense for the US? Just something I've...

Weird Food Combinations aka Gun Control LOL [ 257 Answers ]

Okay, this may not be a combo exactly but I salt my cantelope melon. . Oh, now here is one, and my hubby likes peanut butter and iceberg lettuce sandwiches! :p Fried Mars bars?? :eek:

Weird Drinks - a/k/a Weird Food - a/k/a Gun Control [ 12 Answers ]

Okay, got to get this one started to go along with our Weird Dinners. Anyone ever had a Monkey Brain? How about a Duck Fart?

View more questions Search