Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sr_lawson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 06:35 PM
    Help!! I need to kick out my daughter, her daughter and her boyfriend.
    I have an 18 year old only child living at home with her baby and her boyfriend. She doesn't do anything I ask and has a lame excuse on why she can't. She doesn't take care of her daughter. She doesn't clean up after herself or her baby. My house looks like a daycare. They don't pay rent. I'm done with the whole situation. They can't live at his house because he's got 13 people living there already.. How do I kick them out? I don't want to lose the relationship with my grand daughter but my daughter is out of control.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 08:07 PM

You first give them written notice to move, then if they don't move, you file in court for an eviction.

And to start, you stop doing anything for her, cook for yourself and maybe grandchild, if she wants to eat, she can cook her own, and so on.

Next of course there is a sticky at the top of the page that can give you state specific info

Also note if they had agreed to rent and not paying you can evict faster
    mrshodges Posts: 208, Reputation: 34

Jun 22, 2010, 08:46 AM

My question is Do you really want her to be alone with a child she won't take care of? I'm not saying keep letting her live there. I think her and boyfriend should leave now but baby is something different.
    Katiebug1223 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2010, 10:55 PM
    1-make her pay rent.
    2-talk to her.
    3-put yourself in her shoes, think of how is it for her & what its like. Think & ask, never assume.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 06:10 AM
    This has gone on too long, and you are not doing your daughter or her boyfriend any favours.

They need to grow up. They are legally adults, and need to be seen as adults. I would be questioning and resolving anything and everything to do with the fact that they are not behaving like grownups, nor are they behaving like responsible adults, nor are they providing for their own home, and their own environment to raise their own child.

By allowing them to reside in your home, for the sake of the grandchild, is not doing the grandchild any favours either. The baby needs two parents who are responsible to provide for him or her, in all regards. Financial included.

While you continue to provide everything they need, they continue to remain dependent, and they are stuck in this comfortable place instead of making their own way in the world.

Life isn't a free ride. Nor is it relying on your parents to buffer the challenges and hardships of raising a child, working, and taking total responsibility for their actions.

My advice is to allow them to grow up.

I don't know if either of them are working or not, but there are resources out there that they need to pursue for themselves and their baby. If they need assistance via welfare, they should get it. If they need help with parenting classes they need to do that.

I don't see this as a choice. At some point you have to let go, let them live their own lives without you, and stop bailing them out. The baby needs his parents, and the parents need to provide for that baby, and themselves, independently.
    SProbasco Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Sep 15, 2011, 01:54 AM
    That is a hard place to be. But, as hard as it is going to be you have to make it clear to her she needs to grow up! She is a mom now to... Explain to her that she better get her act together or you will make sure she never sees that baby again ( maybe if your up to it) take her to court for custy of the child and kick her tussy out. At least until she can get her life together. Stop being nice and say this is what's you need to do and if you don't do it by time time! Your out!! One day when her kid is older she will understand. And trust me a daughter always needs her mother some point in her life! Stay strong and know that you're a greath mother! I know my mother or father would never put up with that... I am living with my parent and have a child.. And I work full time and pay rent. I also fallow there house rulls. Because it's the right thing to do..
    dombey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2012, 08:37 AM
    This makes me sick
    It sounds just like my daughter who will not look after her child and leaves us to do it and goes out every night sometimes we don't see her for a week.She is just taking advantage but we don't want our grandson to suffer so we don't chuck her out.
    The social workers tell us just to leave her to look after him but if we do she just stays in bed.He is four and she's bathed him twice and never looked after his toiletting or feeding needs.Sometimes she takes him out and buys him loads of junk.Most of the time she just ignores him.She used to swear at him when he cried and lock him out of her room.
    I feel like my life has been stolen .I am 60 and want to have my own life but it is totally dominated by my grandchild's needs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can fianc? Kick me and my daughter out of his house [ 4 Answers ]

My finance had me and my daughter served a paper stating that we had 15 days to get out. What are my rights. We live in Pa. My daughter is a senior in high school. We had a verbal agreement that I would pay cable and electric and he would take care of the rest. What are our rights. Will we be...

My boyfriend would like to adopt daughter. [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter and I live with my boyfriend in MD and her bio-father lives ether in PA or Utah. My daughter calls my boyfriend daddy since he has a youngeer daughter and we have a baby on the way. Her biofather has not been in her life at all, he is a past heroine user and addict, he never wanted...

Boyfriend may have a daughter [ 55 Answers ]

Hello, My boyfriend and I have been together for eight years and have 2 children together, we both work but are struggling to make ends meet, He also has a child support order for his oldest son. A woman is now coming out and asking him for a paternity test for her 12 year old daughter because the...

Daughter vs new boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got divorced and I have a 5yr old daughter. I am dating a guy and my daughter won't give me 10 minutes alone seems like to even talk to the guy. Any time I get on the phone or try to talk to anybody in person she jumps in and starts talking. I have told her that she is being rude but...

View more questions Search