Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbduc60_yea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2012, 09:12 PM
    Husband abandoned disabled wife
    28 years I been married Im disabled with bi polar cannot spell am disleetic and have never work he refusing to pay mortgage o household bills can I get abandonen warrant don't know email help terrie ross
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 12, 2012, 09:13 PM
    Call the police.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 13, 2012, 04:42 AM
    Call a lawyer. The police can't do anything. Are you on SSI ? DO you have any support at all you can lean on?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 13, 2012, 05:27 AM
    When was the house bought (before or after you married)?
    Are you on the deed?
    What state are you in?
    Do you get SSI and Medicaid? Have you contacted the state welfare office regarding the change in your finances?
    If you don't get those benefits because he has an income, get a divorce lawyer ASAP, because you are going to be in a financial limbo for a while.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2012, 05:48 AM
    An "abandonment warrant" does nothing. You need to file for divorce and support. I would find a lawyer as advised. Or check out women's support groups. They can often help with legal advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife abandoned son [ 0 Answers ]

My wife and I just got a divorce. And we have an open case with child protective services in Arizona. After court 1 day she left our son in daycare and move to another state to be with a man. Right now I'm going through some things and not have him

Abandoned wife [ 2 Answers ]

What is legally speaking an "abandoned wife" in Illinois Law?

Disabled husband-wife working-taxes and child support [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has filed for disability-i am only one working-he was never behind on his payments till he became ill -i pay all the bills-why is it that I only get half of my return on my taxes-we need all the money we can get for all our medical bills and to survive- have filed a disabled spouse- but...

Husband abandoned wife [ 6 Answers ]

My husband abandoned me & went to another country for good, will I be responsible for his debts?

View more questions Search