Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1100 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Need to loose 20 kg in two months.
    I put on 18 kg in last 6 months... now I really need to loose those extra kgs within 2 months or so...
    How to loose weight this fast... but I want to be healthy as well... can somebody help me in this?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1100
    I put on 18 kg in last 6 months..........now I really need to loose those extra kgs within 2 months or so ............
    How to loose weight this fast ....but I want to be healthy as well.....can somebody help me in this ??
    Anyone can lose weight quickly, but it doesn't guarantee lowering body fat percentage. With rapid weight loss a large portion of the loss is from fluid losses which you regain. You need to speed up your metabolism and you'll burn more fat. A steady weight lost of really not more that 3 pounds per weeks slowly lowering body fat give more permanent weight control and limits weight regain. You need to go over your normal diet, how many calories your eating and what types foods, no fast foods, fatty foods, processed foods, cakes, candy, chips, Sweetened drinks or colas, are sugar rich and a large source of calories, you need to change from white flour products, to 100% whole grain bread, pastas, rice and cereals. Eat lots of veggies and fruits, nuts, beans, and lentils. Choose lean cuts of meats, loin type, skinless chicken (breast), turkey and fish, and smaller portions is a big key, a serving portion of meat is 3 oz. You plate should look like 1/2 fruit/veggies--1/4 whole grain---1/4 protein. 2-3 servings of skim, 1-2% milk, part skim or skim cheeses 1 1/2 oz. and non fat yougurt, will help a lot, calcium regulates energy metabolism and increase fat breaskdown, and helps decrease body fat. Watch how you cook, use canola or olive oil, bake or broil, and try spreads, or cooking sprays instead or butter or margarine. And the most important part is exercise, you need to get a program together 30-60 minutes a day 4-5 times a week, including aerobics, weight training, resistance training, Walking, jogging, biking, swimming, threadmills, ellipiticals, stairclimbing, are all good for fat burning. You need exercise along with better eating to achieve weight loss.;)
    1100 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 08:50 AM
    Thanks for your instant answer.
    Actually I'm a vegeterian, for last few months I was travelling a lot , so ate fast food all the time.I think that's the main reason for my excessive weight gain, & no exercise during those months.

I'm 28 & married.This weight gain has made my life worse.I used to weigh 50 to 52 kgs. But now I weigh 69-70 kg.My height is 5'1.Everything is becoming wosre than ever.
    Do you know what shld be the right weight for my age & height?

Thanks a lot for your help.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2007, 09:40 AM
    It can be especially hard when traveling, as both exercise and proper eating can go out the window.

I'm not at all trying to minimize the impact of a thoughtful diet, but my opinion is that, if nothing else, you'll need to move your body and crank up your metabolism. You can't always seek out the food you want when on the road, but you can still plan to workout on the road.

My wife has had to deal with this with her travels. She's a runner by heart to some degree... so its easy for her to pack running gear when travelling... but also, I'm afraid, you are going to see how important this is as you age.

I know when I turned 28-29 something really ugly happened to my metabolism. I used to gain and lose some, but suddenly there was no losing. My wife said the same thing happened at 30 for her and again around 36. You simply can't depend on your metabolism to stay in check with the health you want without excercising.

So get your body moving. You just have to make room for it. Plan on it. Its not convenient, but there is time for it if you plan.

And the above comments about food are great. You can phase stuff in or out in parts if it seems too overwhelming.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to loose weight! [ 6 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone knows of a real good diet plan that actually works! Next year is my prom and seriously I want to start my diet right now! I'm tried diet pills but they just seem to not work and I couldn't even sleep so I stopped that. Right when I stopped the diet pills I gained even more...

I'm going to loose everything. [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I am in a desperate financial situation. I am just trying every idea I can think of. Is there anyone or any organization who will loan me or give me $2,000.00 to pay my property tax, my electric bill, my cable bill, my car insurance, and put heating oil in my tank? I swear to God that I...

Worked 6 Months In Ca And 5 Months In Ny [ 3 Answers ]

Can I file separately if I lived and worked in CA 6 months and moved to NY 6months and worked 5 months here? Is it better to file a certain way in this situation

Loose toilet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lose toilet and noticed that one of the floor bolts is out of the floor. Can this be put back in the floor without removing the toilet and having to replace the wax seal? It sits on a tile floor.Thanks

Loose weigth [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need your suggestion. I was gave birth 5 months ago,. and it's a big problem for me to loose my weight. Plsss gave some effective suggestion on how I loose my weight. I can't use my previous clothes, I need to buy new one. Thanks

View more questions Search