Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mana122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 05:54 PM
    Gateway FN keys
    My gateway laptop has a (fn) key in the bottom left. In order to use any of my function keys 1-12 as they're intended, I must first press and hold this button. How do I disable this, so that hitting f-5 on its own will refresh my browser, instead of turn off my screen? I\ve tried (fn)+F9, but it didn't work.

Please help... Can't find a 'padlock' key as otherwise suggested by another user on a similar question.
    Billy Joe Bob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2012, 08:52 PM
    Try this: Restart your computer and open the BIOS menu by holding down F2 as the computer restarts.

Once at the BIOS menu, select "Main" (Main Menu) and go down to "Function Key Behavior" and select "Function Keys"... the default is "Special Keys".

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The function keys are not working gateway laptop? [ 5 Answers ]

I bought my boyfriend a gateway laptop.. Whenever he presses the function keys on the game, instead of being a normal "f1, f2...etc" keys, it always does its system functions like contrast, brightness.. How do we get the keyboard to just be a regular FN key?

Fn key gateway [ 5 Answers ]

How do you disable the FN lock on gateway laptop it is working like a numlock however there is no numlock key only the Fn key

Why ARE KEYS ON Laptop giving extrA LETTER on gATEWay? [ 0 Answers ]

A IS a with cAP LOCK ON C IS DC SX DC GF GF HN M, ALL THIS BY PRESSING ONE LETTER OR All thnisx by presxsxihngf ohne letter

Gateway laptop keys letters as numbers [ 1 Answers ]

Gateway laptop displays numerals when letters are keyed

Dell vs Gateway [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of purchasing a laptop for my home office. This would be used for personal usage and not a lot of business. I have been checking back and forth with both Dell and Gateway and they're both running great promotions at this time. I am trying to decide from Dell (Inspiron 1501) ...

View more questions Search