Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsushinsky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 09:05 AM
    I am a W- 2 employee and make a small amount as a 1099 employee.
    I am currently a W- 2 employee and also make a small amount as a 1099 employee. If I get laid off from my w-2 job will I be able to collect any unemployment? I am located in Maryland. I made less than 3,000 at my 1099 job last year.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 12, 2010, 09:54 AM
    Yes, you will be able to collect unemployment, though the 1099 income may affect the amount you can collect.

Given the income ($3,000), the effect, if any, should be negligible.
    renelmiller0120 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2012, 02:43 PM
    I am not sure about Maryland laws but in Oregon, the 1099 income is different that W2 income. The only income that would be reported for unemployment is the income reported via a W2 in this case.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 30, 2012, 05:46 PM
    RenelMiller0120:

You do know that you posted an answer to a post that is almost THREE years old, right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 employee [ 12 Answers ]

I will be starting a part-time job doing some accounting work and the company that is hiring me said they will be giving me a 1099 form instead of w-2. I realize I have to pay taxes on my own, but I have the following questions: 1. Do I have to pay taxes quarterly? 2. Since I don't own this...

How to pay an out of state employee we are a Georgia corp with a TN employee [ 1 Answers ]

We are a Georgia Corporation and have hired an employee in Tennessee to do online work, how do we get a corporate tax ID # for TN withholding

Multiple pay rate for one employee? Or employee and contractor? [ 2 Answers ]

Can an employee perform accounting clerk duties at one rate of pay for 15 hours per week and then perform payroll duties 1-2 days a month at a different rate? Alternatively, can this employee (who has a bona fide accounting business on the side) be an employee for the payroll clerk function and...

Working as a w-2 employee and a 1099 employee at the same time [ 2 Answers ]

Can you work for the same employer at the same time as a w-2 employee and a 1099 employee at the same time. Example selling insurance at an agency getting paid on w-2 for the clerical work and 1099 as for the commission on sales of the insurance from the same desk?

View more questions Search