Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvyoral12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 12:05 PM
    Diagram for wireing two switches from one power source
    I want to put two lights on one switch and 1 light on another. How do I do this with 1 power source?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2012, 01:05 AM
    Are the switches in the same box?

Where is power source located? At the a light? At a switch? At a junction box?

Chuck
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Sep 25, 2012, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dvyoral12 View Post
    I want to put two lights on one switch and 1 light on another. How do I do this with 1 power source?
    All the neutrals together, split the incoming fed to both switches with pigtails, the two switch legs go to the switches.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 25, 2012, 04:12 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...ox-701522.html
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 25, 2012, 05:36 AM
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One power source, two switches [ 2 Answers ]

If I have one power source coming in, do I just pigtail the black wire to the two swtches and wire nut the white wires together? Also do I pigtail the ground to the switchor just wire them all together?I am running 12-2 wire. And controlling two different light sources. Also on 15amp breaker,...

I want to wire (all 14 gauge) 2 separate dimmer switches and lights to 1 power source [ 1 Answers ]

Details: In one dimmer switch box I have one 14 gauge wire . And I have a second 14 gauge wire in that same switch box that runs over to another dimmer (which operates a separate light). I'm trying to give power to both dimmer switches from the white power wire coming in, while having both separate...

Can I use pigtails to connect two three-way switches to one power source? [ 1 Answers ]

One power source to two three way switches?

How to wire three switches in a line off one power source? [ 1 Answers ]

I have built a new 2 piece bathroom and I have 3 separate switches all right beside each other and I want to power all 3 from one feed. (one is for the bathroom light, one is for the fan and the other is the hall light) How do I wire them so that they all work independently?

Running two switches from ine power source through junction box [ 1 Answers ]

I have come up against a problem with some electrical in my house. The previous owners did some very "inventive" things and I am trying to re-wire some lighting in my kitchen. Here's the situation. I have power coming into a junction box (not the best I know, but old house). The power is to...

View more questions Search