Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    88tulips Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 08:19 PM
    Adult chldren who intimidate,verbally abuse & disrespect single mother
    My children's father left when they were young & unfortunately, I married an abusive man who became verbally abusive after two & I endured it for 8 yrs.

The worst however is that, my daughter started acting like him a yr. Later and has gotten worse over the years. I thought this temper was from 2 head injuries initially till my ex- indicated she picked up his personality!

She is in the military and comes home seldom as she lives out of the country (good thing). Each time she come's home though, she crushe's me so badly and blames all problems on me and twists all stories around! My head spins from how she changes stories!! She was home on leave for her brother's wedding and left after 5 days---one of the things she told me was that she only likes to hang out with "people" that don't fight with her (I'm just the mom-remember--a nothing) I hate fighting, never fought back with my ex- as I would get it physically and was so very close to my own mother just the same as my sister.

At my son's wedding. She had him pose with his wife & his aunt on the other side of the divorced family & of course--she posted this to facebook---in which other's assumed that my son was the aunt's son also. None with my on my son's wedding day photo's!

I pray alway's to have my life taken away from me from this torture & haven't taken care of my health in the last 7 yrs as I hope to die early. Too much pain from her. I know I haven't really don't you much--just the history-basically. Any answer's? ---she is 30 yrs old
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 09:05 PM
    No, you don't die, you go on and enjoy life, just don't let her come visit, let her know SHE is not welcome in YOUR home, you take control, don't allow her to do what she wants, If you wanted photos another way, why did you not have them done. You can't control what a fool does on Facebook, unfriend her and stop looking.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2012, 09:57 PM
    How old was she when you married her step father?
    momstears Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2012, 10:00 PM
    Thank you for your honest reply! Here is the deal, he is not on drugs he is really into working out and his body, but your right, he has mood changes that are really serious. I tried to get him help in the past but he always managed to turn the people against me! He is a street Angel house Devil. Recently, he has even gotten worse and I realize that I have to make him leave. But, I worry that I will get a restraining order that gives him time to move out and I will still be stuck living with him after he is served. This is what happened the last time I made him leave. I was given a restraining order but he was allowed to stay for 30 days! What kind of protection is this? If he is going to really flip out it will be when he is served.. I do not want him living with me for any amount of time. He has to leave and right away! Please feel free to advise.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 22, 2012, 11:41 PM
    She learned how to behave from watching her step fathre, You don't talk to her, so move, move by yourself and get over it and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does my mom verbally/emotionally abuse me? [ 6 Answers ]

I'll try and keep this not too long - My mom and I get into fights daily. I also have depression. I go see a therapist once a week. My mom will yell at me, threaten me, and sometimes hit/push me. She will tell me "Go run and cry to (my therapist's name)!" She calls me a *****, cusses at me,...

Adult Children & Disrespect [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, Im 50 years old, remarried three years ago to a wonderful man who has no children after being a single mom of three daughters for 17 years. Yes we had some challenges, but my daughters ages 28, 26 & 24 have all grown up to be beautiful young women with great careers... They are all...

Why do guys verbally abuse women? [ 23 Answers ]

Why is it that some men like to put women down? I'm a very attractive, smart, funny 23 year old girl with a good career. The last guy I dated verbally abused very badly and I don't understand why? After so many years its definitley taken its toll on myself esteem, but thankfully I got out of the...

Is this a HIPAA violation? - disrespect and abuse [ 2 Answers ]

I drove hospital today worried about damaged intestinal lining from uncontrollable puking of green, black material. I withheld my information to the doctor and nurse, including the part about my substance abuse (using illegal drugs) The night before. While I was waiting for my diagnosis behind...

View more questions Search