Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shlbywllnghm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2012, 07:38 AM
    Water coming out from under toilet when flushed
    We have two bathrooms in our house. When you flush one toilet it flushes fine, no problems. When you flush the other toilet it flushes fine but then water will come out from under the toilet that's working fine? Any ideas on what is causing this or how to fix this?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2012, 08:55 AM
    You have to take it apart first to find out what's failed... likely the wax ring seal, but it might be a cracked toilet or the waste flange.

If the toilet base is damaged... you need a new toilet and wax ring... if its was the wax ring you need to find out why it failed... is the flange broken on th edrain pipe? Was the floor rotted allowing the toilet to rock. What needs fixed depends on what you find...

Rotted flooring is going to be the worst case problem... as it takes the most work to repair.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 17, 2012, 10:30 AM
    When you flush the other toilet it flushes fine but then water will come out from under the toilet that's working fine?
    I have two toilets that are "working fine". But when you flush one the water seeps out from the other toilet that's also "working fine". Is that your complaint?> When you flush one toilet it backs up out of the bottom of the other toilet? Both toilets are affected I can't believe it's taken me this long to find out exactly what your complaint is, are the two toilets back to back.
    Can use repost and this time use toilet#1 and toilet#2. Thanks, Tom
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2012, 10:40 AM
    Good point Tom.. I missed that little bit about it happening when the other flushes...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a toilet that has bubbles coming up when flushed? [ 5 Answers ]

Once a week I get a call about a toilet that is not flushing. I noticed that there is bubbles that appear in the bowl. When I flush the toilet, what could be the problem. Alfonso

The water coming into the cistern is making a terrible noise when flushed [ 2 Answers ]

It is almost like air in the system (Shakes the house)! Does this mean it needs a new ballcock? It was replaced by a plumber about 2 years ago for same reason.. It is a plastic system of ballcock in a reasonably new loo (8years). All the loos in the house were put in at the same time but this is...

Water coming up in toilet when toilet flushed or running water in sink, how to fix? [ 1 Answers ]

When I flush the toilet, take showers in my upstairs bathroom, water comes out of my downstairs shower. How can I fix this problem without calling a professional plumber?

Water backing up in shower when toilet is flushed [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 40 year old house on a septic system. Yesterday I noticed water backing up into the shower when the toilet is flushed. The toilet is taking an unusual amount of time to complete flush. I have also notice that the gound is very wet around my septic tank and there is a strong smell of...

Water rushes up when the toilet is flushed into another toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 storey layout house. The guest restroom on the ground floor is exactly below the Jack and Jill Washroom of the top floor. It looks in both the restrooms the toilets share the pipe line The problem is when someone goes to restroom on the ground floor , the top floor toilet gets...

View more questions Search