Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mixedgirl101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2012, 09:36 AM
    How can I reduce the melanin that's in my skin
    I want milky white skin because I honestly think the color itself is beautiful. What are some ways that I can reduce the melanin that's in my skin?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2012, 09:37 AM
    Live an a dark room and only go out at night.
    michaeljr Posts: 89, Reputation: 3

Sep 15, 2012, 04:37 AM
    Gene therapy is the only permanent way to stop melanin production permanently and completely since our cells are always making new pigment cells, always.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 15, 2012, 05:12 AM
    Speaking as a blonde, blue-eyed Caucasian, I can assure you that white skin is prone to splotches, rashes, quick sunburn, and tiny red veins (like old drunks have on their noses), and in my case, many melanin-based moles and so on. If I just scratch a mosquito bite while out in the sun, it fills in with melanin within the day and becomes permanent. I'd trade it for tawny skin any day. Basically - stop wishing and start working with what nature and fate gave you.
    michaeljr Posts: 89, Reputation: 3

Sep 16, 2012, 12:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    If I just scratch a mosquito bite while out in the sun, it fills in with melanin within the day and becomes permanent.
    How do you get rid of that? I experienced some of that this summer and it's true the lighter areas of skin are more sensitive to that while the dark areas are much more resilient.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 12:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michaeljr View Post
    How do you get rid of that?
    I don't get rid of that. I learn to accept myself as I am. Many times it will disappear over time. The ones that don't disappear become part of who I am.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 16, 2012, 04:37 AM
    I have had about 4 surgically removed because they were rubbing against something like my glasses by my ear, or a bra strap. But I have too many to obsess over.
    gaur120 Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Sep 27, 2012, 05:23 PM
    You can reduce the melanin level by exfoliation. Use retin - A Gel for best results though you skin might get red in the beginning. And also for suppressing the melanin level use HQ Or kojic acid lotions + a sunscreen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Melanin reduce [ 0 Answers ]

Is it possible that doing treatment to stop melanin production? Or jz prevent it? If melanin is a natural cell in our body,how will it stop production? But beauty salon always giving knowledge that collagen can stop melanin production,avoid skin from pigment problem,is that true? It should be...

Reduce melanin [ 3 Answers ]

How can I reduce the skin melanin production.Is it possible by vitamin C(Ascorbic Acid)?

How to reduce melanin in the skin to make skin fairer? [ 9 Answers ]

How to reduce melanin in the skin to make skin fairer?

Can you reduce your Montgomery Glands and Melanin levels? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a baby not too long ago. I've been struggling with my breasts ever since. My nipples have very large dark areolas and bumps that were not there pre-pregnancy. I hope you can guide me in the right path to reduced such pigmentation and bumps and help me regain my confidence. Is there anyway to...

View more questions Search