Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ALTEK.CS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2011, 02:42 PM
    How much should I charge for cleaning office that is 2000 sq feet?
    Hi I am trying to find out how much to charge for this office cleaning job. Here are specs
    They want to be cleaned twice a week with windows being done ones a week. Its about 1600 sq ft front but its prety open it's a Verizon Wireless Store. It has phones on one side and other side has 1 desk then another long desk in middle of room there are about 3 computers with monitors. In middle there is a wood strip about 1.5 feet wide and goes from front door to middle desk. They want vacuum and sweep and mop the front, dusting and wipe down desk. Then in back there is meeting room with concrete floor and 1 office 1 bathroom. They want bathroom and office cleaned. Back room sweep and mop. This is located in Michigan I say about between lower class and middle class is the area the store located.
    Any suggestion how much should I charge them for this Store.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 26, 2011, 12:00 AM

In the Chicago area this would price at about $650 to $700 per month.

Pricing is always your responsibility and this is only a suggestion.

Stringer
    ALTEK.CS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2011, 04:03 PM
    That was my exactly thinking and I priced him at $500 a month and they said its way over their budget. So I went in and talked to him and asked him what is their budget and he said somewhere $100 - $150. I was shocked. That's about 20 dollars a visit I can't even hire anyone to do it or myself its laugthable. Any suggestions
    Business Expert

May 26, 2011, 04:44 PM

Yep... move on... :)

Stringer
    dada61 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 05:40 AM
    I would like to know how much to clean a home that is about 1800 square foot, they have a large living room, kitchen, dining room, and hallf bath downstairs. Upstairs there is a master bedroom with bath, another bedroom and an office and another full bath.
    dada61 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 05:42 AM
    I clan the stove and load dishwasher put dishes up mop hardwood floors vacuum carpet s, and mop kitchen. I take out garbage and dust all furniture.
    Business Expert

Apr 10, 2012, 09:12 AM
    Hi Dada,

Please start your own thread and not piggyback on someone else's.
    JohnStein Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2012, 02:02 PM
    That is absolutely insane! $150 per month, for 8 cleanings of 1600 sq/ft?

I have a company, and we do both residential & Commercial Cleaning. For one cleaning, I offered her $165. She said that she was looking to be around $100/week, for once a week. According to that logic, it would be $800/month for 2 cleanings per week, and a declined in a heart-beat!

I figured the initial cleaning should take 5 hours, and 4 hours a week after that.
    30 (hour)*5 (hours)+15 (initial cleaning)= $165. Around $130/week after that.

Whenever you come up with the price, whether it is by sq/ft etc. you should always try to charge a price of 25 to 40/hour. Right now I charge 30 - 35 per hour. It is a very fair price. Cleaning is not easy. It takes a lot of work, supplies, and lets face it, our profit margin is very low compared to other industries!

Never, ever, let yourself stoop below $25 per hour! And oh, by the way, you decide the hours, not the customer.

Gud luck!
    Lupemartini Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 03:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dada61 View Post
    I would like to know how much to clean a home that is about 1800 square foot, they have a large living room, kitchen, dining room, and hallf bath downstairs. Upstairs there is a master bedroom with bath, another bedroom and an office and another full bath.
    So its 2bedroom master bathroom and another bathroom living, and dining room, kitchen and a office. I use to charge 275.00 if you have your own supplies
    Mistee56 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 01:35 PM
    The company I work for charges 98 bucks for a home that size. We are in Texas. Good luck.
    jackieclark29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2013, 01:59 PM
    How much should I charge to clean a commercial building one time that is 1,600 square feet down stairs and 500square feet upstairs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I charge$137 for cleaning a 1500 sq. Ft. Office? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and am trying to find the right price to charge cleaning a 1500 sq. ft. office biwkly. I came up with $137.00, is this a fair price? I was also wondering if I cleaned a 1500 sq. ft. office space, how much is a fair price for once a week cleaning? Per mth?

I'm looking at cleaning 14,500 sq ft of office space 3x a week how much do I charge? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking at cleaning 14,500 sq ft of office space in n.c how much do I charge for 3 days a week pulling trash,sweep and mopping 1,000 sq ft vacuuming about 3,000 sq ft cleaning glass at 3 entrances and cleaning 5 restroom I large and the others 6x8 plus one small kitchen,plus overhead ?

How much to charge per hour for cleaning an office with 6 toilets 2 kitchens [ 6 Answers ]

Hi How much should I charge an hour for cleaning an Orthotic and Prostetic centre that has 3 examinations rooms, 7 toilets, 1 kitchen , 20 desks , upstairs and downstairs area to vacuum.Usually takes between an 1 and 2 hours to clean.

Office 2000 vs. Office 07 Pros and Cons [ 1 Answers ]

I know this may seem odd. Im a network admin and the company I work for has 160 users on Office 2000. I would like to upgrade to Office 07. I need some compelling reasons to spend 50,000 dollars of the companies money. The owner is not software savvy, nor does he like to part with money. Any...

Office 2007 asks for Office 2000 installation discs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I used to run Office 2000 but uninstalled it and installed Office 2007. When I run the Spell Checker it does not function. When I try to run it, The computer tries to install it and then asks for the Office 2000 Installation disks. I insert the Office 2000 disks but then it...

View more questions Search