Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shablueyz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 01:16 PM
    I want to know if anyone has heard of an painting by August Albo called strauss waltz
    I have a large painting called "Strauss Waltz" it is signed A... Albo, I believe it to say August Albo but the name is not clear. The picture appears to be a party or a ball seen with the ladies in perhaps victorian style gowns, I'm not really sure of the period. The people in the picture all appear to be dancing the waltz. I don't know if the painting is of value but it is a beautiful picture.
    sistersibling Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 10:02 AM
    Unless it is the original painting, the print itself is not worth too much. The painting is titled "Strauss Waltz". I've seen several online that have sold between $25 and $250 depending on size, condition, and framing.

My grandmother had one in her house when I was growing up that was 2'x3'. It was massive and in a "hollywood regency" style frame that came with an original living room set from Montgomery Ward in the 50's. I've been looking for a replica for years with no avail since her death (some cousins ransacked the house before we could get to it). They are hard to come by! You have a treasure.
    thatcomedian Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Jun 30, 2010, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sistersibling View Post
    Unless it is the original painting, the print itself is not worth too much. The painting is titled "Strauss Waltz". I've seen several online that have sold between $25 and $250 depending on size, condition, and framing.

My grandmother had one in her house when I was growing up that was 2'x3'. It was massive and in a "hollywood regency" style frame that came with an original living room set from Montgomery Ward in the 50's. I've been looking for a replica for years with no avail since her death (some cousins ransacked the house before we could get to it). They are hard to come by! You have a treasure.
    Here's one 40 inches by 25 inches.

strauss waltz
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 06:59 PM

August Albo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - 23k -
    JWindle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2010, 09:32 AM
    I Bought this same painting for a few dollars at a flea market, it is in just a white frame but the picture itself is so ispirational we have it sitting in our piano room behind the Grand piano. Sometimes when my husband is playing its almost as if you can see them dancing to the melody he is playing so beautifully. I was always really entranced by the lady in the back window, its almost as if she was sitting there looking out the window waiting for that special person to show up and sweep her away on the dance floor. (wow, watching cinderella with the kids makes the imagination soar.)
    Mindsignals Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 07:14 AM
    Fascinating... my wife said when growing up it looked like they were really dancing. I noticed the one linked to is clipped or obscured by the frame a fair bit as compared to ours.
    melodia05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 10:02 PM
    To "thatcomedian" I actually have the painting. Strauss Waltz, in my living room. It belonged to my grandmother and used to hang above her fireplace as I admired it when I was a child. It is in excellent condition, and if you would like it, just answer me here, and I will provide you pics and details of my asking price.

Hope to hear from you soon!
    6238 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2012, 03:40 AM
    I just pick up a strauss waltz painting by anguste albo the size is 24x40 in it frame but frame has one bad corner person who had painting said they got it in 1969 given to them and they saw this painting in their uncle house when they were kids. Got painting as a gift. So I say this can go back early 60,s or earlyer.. Do we know what it may be worth.. thank you my name is ron... my e-mail is [email protected]... looking to sell...
    vhrnb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 10:36 PM
    Have a framed copy for sale but the colours are somewhat faded. $100 it is yours.
    Brisbane northside. Can provide picture if needed.
    msblackjack1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2013, 07:23 PM
    I just found one that my grandmother had... Funny she had other pictures of the family on this so when I went to remove all the pictures I said what the heck is this.

It has an imprint that says "NO.220 size 16x20 how can I tell if this is of value or not?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone heard of a site called tickettodrive.com? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello! My fiancé told me about this site. Its supposed to be people that will help you to get a car loan ans to help build your credit. Has anyone heard of this? And if so could you tell me a little about your experience or what you may know of it? Thanks!

Two prints by August Albo [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! :) I am 13 years old and I've had two prints by artist August Albo for as long as i could remember. :p I've only now decided to research the artist and find the name of the paintings, but without success. :rolleyes: Only one has his signature in the bottom-right corner. The first...

A song I heard in this video, whose it by and what's it called? [ 1 Answers ]

Viddler.com - GTAVC Episode 18a - Uploaded by Maxwell_Adams You can hear a bit of the song around 6:40 Please help! I've heard it before but I don't know what it is.

I heard a song on the radio and I don't know what its called [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, So I heard this song and I think 'lil wayne sings it but I listened to almost all of his songs and couldn't find it. I only remember some of the lines, here they are: "every desperate housewife and eva my role model" Here's another line I remember "and Miley Cyrus hollar at me when...

View more questions Search