Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darylllll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 10:40 AM
    How do you wire an electric hot water heater ?
    How do you wire an electric hot water heater ?
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Jan 11, 2009, 11:35 AM

Need more information.

Are you replacing the water heater with a new one of equal electrical requirements?

Such as 120 volt or 240 volt?

Same wattage element(s)?

What is the size of the breaker, and wire feeding the water heater?

Please post the electrical specs of the old one if available, and the electrical specs of the new one?

Or is this a new instalation requiring a breaker, new wire and all that fun stuff?
    scott gentle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 08:12 PM
    Took out gas. Put in 50 gallon 10-2 wire bradford white electric
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2012, 08:27 PM
    Black hot, retasked white hot, ground. 240VAC. 30 AMP double breaker.
    shader Posts: 235, Reputation: 12

Aug 30, 2012, 07:34 PM
    Wow, I hope the OP wasn't going without hot water since January 2009! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I wire up a Marley electric baseboard heater? [ 2 Answers ]

This is my first post, so thanks in advance for any help. I'm finishing my basement & am installing a pair of Marley electric baseboard heaters in parallel. I've got the basics done: double 20 amp breaker, 12ga wire, Double line break thermostat. Here's the issue: The units will accept left or...

Replaced electric water heater Atlanta area, but no hot water [ 14 Answers ]

The old water heater died. Bot one (38 gals) at HD. Installed exactly like the old one was as follows--3 CPVC pipes come out of wall. Two are joined. Before they are joined one has a valve. After they are joined there is a second valve. The pipe is connected to the cold side of the heater using...

Electric water heater to pex [ 2 Answers ]

My new hot water heater has 3/4" pipe connections, can i use a 3/4"pipe to 3/4" PEX brass adapter with an inline Pex 3/4" ball valve, or is there a reason I see some folks installing brass or bronze extensions? My pex manifold is less than 3 feet from the water heater and will use 3/4" pex line to...

Installing electric Space Heater - do I need heat resist. Wire? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a 240v, 1500 W (6.25 A) electric space heater made by: Zonal Energy Efficient Heater - Electric Wall, Fan, and Baseboard Heaters I read their installation instructions - no requirements fro wire are spelled out. Can I run regular 12/2 romex to this or do I need some type of...

What size wire for electric heater? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone can help with this question. We are installing an electric wall furnace, 240 volt, 38 amp, 9.2kwh. I was told by the guy at the hardware store to use size 8 wire. The instructions (?? ) that come with the unit don't sat anywhere what size is to be used! Is size 8 wire correct?...

View more questions Search