Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannon101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2012, 01:08 PM
    Plumbing questions
    Remodeling kitchen, tore out cabinets, sheetrock, etc... and the water line to the refrigerator comes up through the concrete floor (thought it was in the wall) Can it be capped and covered so floor is smooth? If not there goes my new open floor plan
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 26, 2012, 04:22 PM
    So this is slab construction then, right? You need to locate where that tube gets connected to a supply line and cut/cap that connection. Once capped and cut you can go to where it comes up through the floor and cut it and seal off
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 26, 2012, 05:18 PM
    Agree with Ballengerb1, except that once you locate where the water is supplied from and you cap that pipe you can simply cut the 'fridge water line off flush with the concrete floor and you'll be all set... ;)

Mark
    shannon101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2012, 05:50 PM
    Thank you, I know nothing about plumbing. So, will the pipe coming up be connected to a line running under the slab... meaning if the concrete is opened up will the connection be right there? Of course, I will not be doing this, just need to more informed before I bring someone in. Appreciate your help, Shannon
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 26, 2012, 05:54 PM
    No the connection is not in the slab. You domestic cold water main line enters the home and then starts splitting off to supply taps and water heater. Find where the incoming main is located and you will likely see a saddle tap or some connection for that small line. Do you know where your water meter is located?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 27, 2012, 05:48 AM
    All of the other experts would have you cap the line off at the source. I would have you couple another icemaker line and run it through the cabinets to the fridge. Will your layout allow that? Let me know, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing questions [ 1 Answers ]

What is the normal price range( labor + materials) for replacing 70ft of Poly Blue with 70ft of 1' PVC schedule 40 with the state of GA?

Plumbing questions [ 1 Answers ]

Good afternoon, We installed a new shallow well pump at our cabin and mounted the air pressure tank horizontally. (The old one was mounted vertically) The pump surges when it's running. Does that air tank have to be mounted vertically? Thanks, Kevin

Plumbing questions [ 3 Answers ]

Galvanized pipe plumbing: connecting water pressure controller , what type of coupler/adapter do I need to finish installation. The pipe has to connect into the elbow AND the 'pressure controller'(spun it round and round into the left side until it unscrewed from the right side), I remember how I...

Help plumbing questions [ 2 Answers ]

I have a very small half bath that I never use and probably never will as long as I live in this house. The tank on the stool is leaking so the floor under it is destroyed. I tried shutting off the water to the tank several months ago but the shut-off doesn't work. I have someone coming to...

Plumbing questions? [ 4 Answers ]

Which of the following types of copper pipe are common to plumbing work?

View more questions Search