Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bush dog Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2012, 07:23 AM
    Can depo shot cause miscarriage
    Hi I was just wondering my friend found out yesterday that she is 3 to 4 weeks pregnant. She went for the depo injection today. What is the possibilities that she will get a miscarriage?

Worried friend
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 21, 2012, 12:38 PM
    Its definitely possible.

Was this intentional? I assume she did not disclose her pregnancy to her healthcare provider?

This post doesn't make sense to me. How does she know she's "3-4 weeks pregnant"? You can't confirm pregnancy at 3 weeks and many providers require a pregnancy test prior to injecting or implanting birth control.

Aug 21, 2012, 11:55 PM
    Hi
    Thank you for your answer. One of our friends is working at path care a company that tests blood. The results came back negative. So she went to get her injection. Later that afternoon he phoned and told her there was a mistake and her blood test showed positive and also how far she is, but she already got the injection. Will there be bleeding and how soon will it start, can't it be stopped?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 22, 2012, 12:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bush dog View Post
    hi
    Thank you for your answer. One of our friends is working at path care a company that tests blood. The results came back negative. So she went to get her injection. Later that afternoon he phoned and told her there was a mistake and her blood test showed positive and also how far she is, but she already got the injection. Will there be bleeding and how soon will it start, can't it be stopped?
    Your two posts are conflicting.

In your original post you stated that she found out she's pregnant before she got the shot.

my friend found out yesterday that she is 3 to 4 weeks pregnant. She went for the depo injection today. What is the possibilities that she will get a miscarriage?
    So which is it? Did she or didn't she get the shot knowing she's pregnant?

If this does lead to miscarriage then no, there's nothing that can be done to stop it.

Aug 22, 2012, 12:07 AM
    She got the shot before she found out she's pregnant. Sorry I posted my sentence wrong.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 22, 2012, 12:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bush dog View Post
    she got the shot before she found out shes pregnant. sorry i posted my sentence wrong.
    Then there's not much she can do.

If I were her I'd go to the doctor and explain what's going on, but even a doctor can't get the shot out of her system, the damage has already been done.

Doesn't mean she'll miscarry, she may not. But her doctor does need to be made aware that she's had the shot after she conceived.

Aug 22, 2012, 12:16 AM
    Sad. Thank you so much for your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo... Can I be pregnant if sex a week after first depo shot and period?. [ 1 Answers ]

I Just Gave Birth To A BabyGirl On March 15, 2012... 3 weeks later on April 5, 2012 I got my first depo shot... 1 week after depo on April 13, 2012 had sex while on my period... I know I wasn't soppost to have sex because I gave Birth, but I did... Is there a chance of me being pregnant?

Depo and miscarriage [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter thought she was pragnat so she went to the gyno he sent her for blood pregnancy test came back negative. So she got a depo shot.. last night were in the hospital to find out she had a misscariage... so anyone think I have a legal case that they misdiagnosed her pregnancy and cause a...

Depo shot [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on and off the depo shot for the last 2 years. I am 34 years old and we really want to get pregnant. I know age has a factor along with being on the shot. I am going to see the ob Dr. Is there anything you can take to speed up the process?:confused: :confused:

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

How long do you have too be off the shot before you try too get pregnant?

View more questions Search