Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lightmyfire123 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 09:10 AM
    EtG test 65 hours after drinking 2 24oz beer and half 12oz beer..
    Hello, Dr bill and everyone. I had 2 24 oz beers and half of a 12 oz bottle of beer on a Friday night I basicily drank them over a period of 8:30pm-11pm I was called in for a random EtG test at 3:30pm the following Monday, it was 65 hrs after I had my last drink. I didn't do anything to flush or dilute my urine, I am overweight as well 5"10- 230 lbs,also I rarley drink maybe 6-7 times a year. What do you think will I pass my test and stay out of jail please reply soon I am a total mess over this.

Thanks
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Figured at 5 standard drinks (US)* and calculated your weight at 170 (distribution), 70 g pure alcohol, 91 g/kg: Clearance for EtG should be around the 48 hour mark.

No one can precisely calculate EtG synthesis or elimination from one individual to another, but this is based on all of the information available to date.

*based on 5% abv

Aug 14, 2012, 09:40 AM
    Hello drbill thanks for your response what do you mean by calculated your weight at 170 (distribution)?

Aug 14, 2012, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Figured at 5 standard drinks (US)* and calculated your weight at 170 (distribution), 70 g pure alcohol, .91 g/kg: Clearance for EtG should be around the 48 hour mark.

No one can precisely calculate EtG synthesis or elimination from one individual to another, but this is based on all of the information available to date.

*based on 5% abv
    Hello drbill thanks for your response what do you mean by calculated your weight at 170 (distribution) my weight is 230 and I am 5'10 28yrs old?
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2012, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lightmyfire123 View Post
    hello drbill thanks for your response what do you mean by calculated your weight at 170 (distribution) my weight is 230 and i am 5'10 28yrs old?
    Ethanol distributes into water containing compartments of the body during distribution and does not distribute into adipose (fatty tissue). Therefore, using weight only can provide some misleading information. It's not particularly important but does relate to rate of alcohol metabolism which has an indirect relationship to EtG clearance.

Aug 14, 2012, 03:20 PM
    Ethanol distributes into water containing compartments of the body during distribution and does not distribute into adipose (fatty tissue). Therefore, using weight only can provide some misleading information. It's not particularly important but does relate to rate of alcohol metabolism which has an indirect relationship to EtG clearance. Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Figured at 5 standard drinks (US)* and calculated your weight at 170 (distribution), 70 g pure alcohol, .91 g/kg: Clearance for EtG should be around the 48 hour mark.

*based on 5% abv
    Drbill was your calculation of me being clear of EtG and passing the test in approx 48 hrs based on the 100ng or 500ng level..? This test was a drug ct ordered test done by Redwood labs in California, I assume that the cut off level is 100ng due to it being a court ordered test but I am am not certain. Would you know or have any additional feedback regarding what level they test for usually in court ordered testing..? Thanks again
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2012, 04:47 PM
    Drbill was your calculation of me being clear of etg and passing the test in approx 48 hrs based on the 100ng or 500ng level..??? This test was a drug ct ordered test done by Redwood labs in California, I assume that the cut off level is 100ng due to it being a court ordered test but i am am not certain. Would you know or have any additional feedback regarding what level they test for usually in court ordered testing..?? Thanks again
    Based on 100 ng. Drug courts have no standardized practices. Pretty much do as they please. It was recommended that all use the 500 cutoff but that is non-binding. RTL like all labs will use whatever cutoff the subscriber wants.

Aug 16, 2012, 11:18 AM
    Based on 100 ng. Drug courts have no standardized practices. Pretty much do as they please. It was recommended that all use the 500 cutoff but that is non-binding. RTL like all labs will use whatever cutoff the subscriber wants.
    Hell Drbill thanks for all the info, based on your research and past studies done do you feel confident I will pass this EtG test I had? What are the percent chances I will be okay..
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2012, 11:50 AM
    I am as confident as one can be when dealing with this test. 65 hours clearance is more appropriate to extended heavy drinking. I know of no one failing at that time interval following 6 or less drinks. There is no way to make numeric calculations based on the poor information set for this test.

Aug 16, 2012, 12:03 PM
    I am as confident as one can be when dealing with this test. 65 hours clearance is more appropriate to extended heavy drinking. I know of no one failing at that time interval following 6 or less drinks. There is no way to make numeric calculations based on the poor information set for this test.
    Thanks for your quick response again drbill, you have really eased my mind, I have been stressing since I did the test on Monday afternoon, I will definitely report back my results when I get them to help others in similar situations. Good day :)

Aug 21, 2012, 07:38 PM
    Hello Drbill, I wanted to know if there is a lower cutoff than 100ng that labs can use due to request of the subscriber..? I should be getting my results very soon, due to my freedom hanging in the balance I am still a bit nervous even after taking the test 65 hrs after the 4 and half beers I drank that it may still have traces of ETG in the void I gave... Also I failed to mention after drinking that Friday night I went to a bbq the following day and ate quite a bit of food burgers etc.. This was about 15hrs or so after consumption do you feel this also helped clear my system of traces of ETG at a quicker pace? Thanks
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Hello Drbill, i wanted to know if there is a lower cutoff than 100ng that labs can use due to request of the subscriber..?? i should be getting my results very soon, due to my freedom hanging in the balance i am still a bit nervous even after taking the test 65 hrs after the 4 and and half beers i drank that it may still have traces of ETG in the void i gave....Also i failed to mention after drinking that friday night I went to a bbq the following day and ate quite a bit of food burgers etc.. this was about 15hrs or so after consumption do you feel this also helped clear my system of traces of ETG at a quicker pace?? thanks
    Theoretically tests can be ordered LLOD (lowest level of detection) but EtG testing is a mass production enterprise and such measures generally aren't employed. LLOD also requires confirmatory testing, that is using the most expensive and time consuming measures. Not the nature of the animal where samples are processed 100-200 per run. When the sample is negative at the screen level that ends the test. It never sees the high-sensitivity equipment. Labs do not waste time looking for drugs in screened negative samples. Only researchers do that.

Further, and more important, is that sensitivity of the instrument is meaningless unless there is EtG present.

Sep 7, 2012, 08:50 PM
    Theoretically tests can be ordered LLOD (lowest level of detection) but EtG testing is a mass production enterprise and such measures generally aren't employed. LLOD also requires confirmatory testing, that is using the most expensive and time consuming measures. Not the nature of the animal where samples are processed 100-200 per run. When the sample is negative at the screen level that ends the test. It never sees the high-sensitivity equipment. Labs do not waste time looking for drugs in screened negative samples. Only researchers do that.

Further, and more important, is that sensitivity of the instrument is meaningless unless there is EtG present.
    Sorry about the delay to post my results for the test ,The results for my test came back clean no ETG detected at the 100ng level, YAYYY!! Thanks DrBill for your expertise in the field and answering my questions promptly. You definitely know your stuff when it comes to ETG testing. I am presently clean and sober from alcohol & drugs since that last drink I have had on that Friday night ,And I feel great, I plan on staying that way till my legal obligation is over. Those few drinks brought me a lot of stress and it wasn't worth the risk of losing my freedom.. Hope anyone in a similar situation as I had can read this forum and rest assured from the answer Drbill provided for me and quit worrying about results being positive. Thanks again
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2012, 07:28 AM
    Sorry about the delay to post my results for the test ,The results for my test came back clean no ETG detected at the 100ng level, YAYYY!!!! thanks DrBill for your expertise in the field and answering my questions promptly. You definitely know your stuff when it comes to ETG testing. I am presently clean and sober from alchol & drugs since that last drink i have had on that friday night ,And i feel great, I plan on staying that way till my legal obligation is over. Those few drinks brought me a lot of stress and it wasn't worth the risk of losing my freedom.. Hope anyone in a similar situation as i had can read this forum and rest assured from the answer Drbill provided for me and quit worrying about results being positive. Thanks again
    Sometimes it takes that little jolt of cold reality... it's called learning from experience. I'm sure you made the right decision in remaining totally abstinent while subject to the restrictions... that's making the best of a bad situation.

Thanks for reporting your results.
    chester77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2014, 06:51 PM
    I found this thread to be very helpful to read through, thanks to both of you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will a half of beer be out of my system in 22 hrs to take EtG test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 165lbs very active 31 yrsold 6foot one

1 beer/18 hours later urine ETG test... Will I pass [ 1 Answers ]

I had 1 beer(7%) at midnight and had a urine test at 5:45 the next day(roughly 18 hours). Do you think I passed the ETG test? I definitely made a mistake, and I'm paying for it by all the worrying I've been doing the last few days. Im a healthy 25 year old male, 175 pounds, 5'10. I urinated 4-6...

Pass an ETG test at 26 hours if I consumed less then 8oz of beer? [ 3 Answers ]

I just took an ETG urinalysis test. I am slightly nervous, it would be nice to have a sense of relief. I am an active 21 year old female. Sunday around 4pm I drank less then 1/2 of a glass of beer with dinner (roughly 8 oz). Monday, the next day at 6:30pm, over 26 hours later, I was tested. Just...

Will I pass an ETG test after drinking one beer [ 7 Answers ]

I drank one beer at 8PM with dinner and thereafter started flushing my system with water after I knew I messed up. I got up and went to the gym for 2 hours. Drank liter after liter of water and green tea. I took vitamin B and C and creatine (sp) to hopefully combat the diluted urine. I pissed...

2 32 oz light beer, ETG test 66.30 hours later [ 6 Answers ]

Dr. Bill, I had 2 32 oz miller lights between 6:00pm and 8:00pm on Friday night, then had an ETG test on Monday at about 2:30pm. I am 150lb 23 yr old male- with a high/ fast metabolism. What are my chances of passing?

View more questions Search