Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tony1990 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2012, 11:45 PM
    How to get my girlfriend back after 7 month break up
    Hi , all , me and my girlfriend were going out for two years , and had broken up around 7 months ago due to me being very controlling , I have understand that this was very wrong and I should not have been like this. We had shared so many beautiful memorys which I can never ever forget and which I miss so much. I have also told her how sorry I was and I would never be the same person again. I also said how much I miss her and need her in my life , but sadly she would'nt believe me. Around a week after break up we still stayed in contact and agreed to staying just friends nothing else , but sadly I was to emotionally unstable and still wanted her back, so continuously I asked her to take me back and how sorry I was, she didn't agree and said "no we should just remain friends nothing more". So we continued staying friends and not being friends , I have also tried showing her I have changed , but still she would not believe me and take me back. So now as time progressed we didn't speak much just rarely and if we did it would be on negative things, so now a week ago she says to me she doesent want to remain friends with me and believes she is happier without me in her life. I have tried calling her and texting her saying to her I'm sorry I really believe we should be friends if not in a relationship as I don't want to forget a person I have known for two years , which the truth behind that is I really love her and don't want to loose her. I have also said we could meet up and talk stuff through. However , she disagrees and tells me to leave her alone and says I'm happier without me in her life, and that she doesent want to no me and she's concentrating on things that matter which she says is family. I have also asked have you moved on yet and she tells me she is still single. I have also tried no contact for 2 weeks whilst not being her friend after a month after breakup, this didn't help as she did not really care if I contacted her or not. I would really like to get her back , but I just don't no what to do no more , can someone please give me some advice on how to get her back I don't want to move on. Thank you for your time.
    bigNavySeal Posts: 106, Reputation: 19

Aug 20, 2012, 03:00 AM
    Please, MOVE ON! It has been 7 months and you're still obsessed. Not healthy. Your entire post screams "CONTROL", "DON'T LET GO", "OBSESSED".

STOP! Now.

Leave her alone. Move on, it will be better for you and for herself. There is no way you will both get back together. She has consistently pointed it out, yet you still don't see it. I think you have trouble going through the grieving process. Read up on the grieving process after a break-up, incl. the stickies here on the forum and put it behind you. You won't change, neither will she. She will find the right one for her just as you will find the right one for you. Go out and have some fun! Easier said than done, but you have no other choice.
    here2assist Posts: 101, Reputation: 27

Aug 20, 2012, 10:25 AM
    Why would you want to be with someone that clearly doesn't want to be with you? Isn't the entire appeal and attraction toward someone founded on reciprocity. You can't get her back. You have to move on and end all contact forever. I promise in a few weeks you'll find that you're thinking about her less frequently and in a few months you may notice that you've gone days without her even crossing your mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants a break... only for a month [ 9 Answers ]

So I've been going out with this girl for little under a year. Everything was perfect between us until a few a weeks ago. From the start of our relationship, I recent had just gotten out of a serious one. I was going out with my ex for about 3years, and the last year of that relationship was pretty...

Girlfriend back after getting engaged during her month break from me [ 9 Answers ]

My girlfriend has been living with me for about 2 years and left for a break because needed time to think for about month now. We agreed prior to relationship no marriage and kids and now she wants both. I have offered her these two things to save relationship and she recently broke it of with me...

My girlfriend wants a break, but I want her back. What do I do? [ 6 Answers ]

It started a long time ago, we started talking, and after about 2 months she just flat-out told me she wasn't interested. It really hurt me, and so I cutoff all contact. I didn't ever call or text. I was doing that because I was scared, not because I wanted her to miss me. After about a month of no...

My girlfriend wants a break, what can I do to get her back [ 13 Answers ]

Hi my name is Andrew, Im 27 years old and have been dating my girlfrien for 3 years and 4 months. Our relationship has been great and we have never had an argument. I am a very laid back guy and am pretty easy. I don't let many things bother me and always keep things fun an entertaining. I work...

Girlfriend wants a break but I want her back. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been going out with my girlfriend for almost 3 years now. I'm 18 and she's 17, last week she told me that her feelings are messed up and she doesn't know what to do? After that she told me she thinks it was best if we had a break for a while. Last year, she said the same thing but ...

View more questions Search