Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maryann0520 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 03:36 PM
    Things to check when central air compressor doesn't come on
    Hi, our central air conditioner was working up until three hours ago. The fan in the heater comes on but the unit out back does nothing. I checked all the breakers and the filter, hot air is blowing out of the vents when I turn the system on.I had this system checked in June and everything was fine. The compressor is only 10 years old.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 04:43 PM
    You mentioned breakers but did you check for fuses in the outside disconnect?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central air cond air handler doesn't come on but compressor does. [ 98 Answers ]

If I don't turn the central air on in the morning, when the attic is cooler, the air handler won't come on but the compressor outside fires up. At night when the attic cools down, the air handler will work. I have replaced the T-Stat but that didn't help. Today, I put the fan on first, and it...

Central Air Compressor Wiring [ 4 Answers ]

My Compressor Quit Working A Few Months Back. The A/c/ Repair Guy Stripped The Burnt Wire On The Compressor And Added A New Wire It Worked Ok. I Called Another Company For My Yearly Service He Said The Wire Was Burn . He Pulled All Of The Wires Lose And Left. The Unit Is A Bryant That Says 1982...

Central Air compressor and fan want come on? [ 3 Answers ]

Today I tried to cut on my central air and the fan inside came on and just blows regular air. I went outside and neither the compressor nor the fan was on. I took the casing off the unit, after cutting it off, and then cut it back on and the contactor does "pull in" the contacts but nothing else...

Central air compressor noise [ 3 Answers ]

When my central air compressor kicks on it makes a loud vibrating noise that can be heard and felt in my second floor bedroom.After it kicks in it works and sounds fine .What could be causeing this loud vibrating sound

Compressor on central air conditioner [ 6 Answers ]

The compressor on my central air conditioner tries to come on but won't. I hear it trying to come on. The unit is attached to a "Beat The Peak" system. Could that be causing the unit to not come on?

View more questions Search