Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jfez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Hot Water Heater won't stay lit
    Hello

I have a 5 year old 50 gallon Bradford White gas hot water heater which will not stay lit.

The pilot will light when the unit has cooled down and will stay lit. The burner lights fine when the thermostat is adjusted. However once the tank has reached temperature the pilot goes out and will not relight until the tank has cooled. I replaced the thermocouple and it did not help. Also the vents and air circulation are all clear of debris.

Any ideas. Replace the gas control box? Replace entire burner assembly?

Thanks
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2007, 10:55 PM
    Look for water signs inside the burner chamber. I personally am opposed to bradford white. I have seen then fail too early too often.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water heater pilot light will not stay lit [ 43 Answers ]

The pilot light on my gas water heater will not stay lit. I can light the pilot light, but when I release the valve, it goes out.

Water heater pilot won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, last Friday BGE (Baltimore Gas and Electric) turned off the gas supply to a couple row houses on my block. They said water had gotten in the gas line and they were in the process of clearing it out. On Tuesday, when I was able to get my heat back (electric ignitor), the service guy tried to...

Leaky water heater, now pilot light will not stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

We had a substantial leak in our water heater, to the point where the insulation was soaked around the tank. We had that fixed by a plumber but now the pilot light will not stay lit. it will light, and seconds after turning the heat back to on it will go out. It has now been over 24 hours since...

Water heater pilot won't stay on [ 1 Answers ]

The pilot on my water heater will turn off two to three times per week. Why might cause this problem?

View more questions Search