Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rose70 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 04:25 PM
    How long will a neutered female cat stay gone?
    Many of my male cats have wandered off . Some were neutered,some weren't. How long will a neutered female cat stay gone?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Aug 4, 2012, 04:33 PM
    There is no way of knowing that, cats that are allowed outdoors can fall prey to many things, neighborhood dogs, the highway, wild animals.
    She could have been taken in by a good hearted neighbor, taking an extended stroll, or picked up by animal control, there are far too many variables.
    Good that you had her spayed but that is no guarantee that nothing will happen to her.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2012, 07:23 PM
    Till she comes home, no way to tell.

Aug 5, 2012, 05:09 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I just thought that if I had her fixed, she will stay closer to home. I found this kitten at work abandoned by her mommy. Her hip and legs were flat. It took her a while to learn to walk but ,I just fell in love with her and I miss her so bad. I have cried for 2 days. We have looked everywhere.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 06:32 AM
    For her sake and yours I hope that you find her, make sure to check with your local animal control and veterinary clinics to she if she has been picked up or reported as found.
    Also check your local newspapers found section.
    If you do find her being that you have been so upset by this, it's time to make her an indoor cat.

Aug 5, 2012, 02:23 PM
    I have checked the animal shelter. She wasn't there. I have also checked sections for missing and found pets. Trust me, if she was to be found. She will definetely become an indoor cat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cat is acting strange, she is female aged 2yrs, she has been neutered.Her stomach [ 2 Answers ]

My 2 yr old female cat is acting very strange, she is meowing constantly but also purring and lying down. She has been spayed . Her stomach looks swollen but she is eating.There is a new cat hanging around our garden and wondered if this has upset her or simply she is unwell and I am not spotting...

Can a neutered cat get pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, My neutered cat is showing all the signs of pregnancy: saggy belly,saggy nipples, always tired and laying down, eating more than usual and vomiting can she still have babies ? Someone please tell me if she can because I am starting to get worried that the neutering worked!

Female feral neutered, males after her [ 5 Answers ]

I finally had her trapped and neutered last week. The male cats (one not caught yet, the Other altered) won't leave her alone. Since her surgery on a SPCA van her eye is Draining... she has a cut near her ear (not the tipping) and she's spending all her energy Keeping away from two male cats. ...

My Cat is neutered but is still spraying! [ 1 Answers ]

My 1 year old cat got neutered two weeks ago. For the first week it was heaven, no more fighting with his brother and no more spraying; until last night I caught him in the corner crouching like he was peeing and when I looked at my carpet there were 2 little red drops. 15 minutes later and he went...

Neutered male stuck to female [ 2 Answers ]

My father's rottweiller (neutered) is stuck to a female in heat. This happened late last night and I just found out they are still stuck together today! What should I do? Is there reason for me to panic or should I let them be? It is Saturday, 8 PM - all the vets are closed! PLEASE...

View more questions Search