Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hathri Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 05:29 AM
    Can a Vysya boy marry a Brahmin girl?
    Hi Friends,

Need one clarification.

Can a AryaVysya boy marry a Brahmin girl? Some argue that if a vysya boy(or any caste) marries a brahmin girl, he will be struck with bad luck. No growth will be there either financially or socially or professionally and will be screwed down to hell. Some say, there will be no kids and no Vamsabhivruddhi (no growth to family). As per the dharma is there any thing written that a lower caste boy cannot marry a brahmin caste girl? Need some information on this.

I googled to see whether any caste conversion is possible? That is, can a girl born in Brahmin family take conversion to Aryavysya caste? Any such valid conversion is available in sasthras? I found like vratyastoma is applicable for bring some outcaste into Hinduism. Is this applicable for caste conversion either?

Please please provide some information & suggestions. I'm in a deadly situation.

Regards,
    Hathri
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Jan 13, 2012, 05:33 AM
    Wow! What world do you belong too...

Do you seriously believe in all this good luck/bad luck nonsense?

Marry a girl that will help and support you and your family, castes really don't count, unless people like you make a big deal of it.

Jan 13, 2012, 05:53 AM
    Hi Indya,

Thank for the reply.

I had believed all those I wouldn't have been on this site. Right?

But the point is to convince my parents. I can't afford to forgo them for this reason. I want to convince them and have them Okied. I can't proceed without their blessings and support. I'm looking for ways to convince them.

Please shed some light on this matter.
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Jan 16, 2012, 01:40 AM
    Since the girl seems to be of a higher caste than yours I think convincing her parents will be more tough... Anyway, what you can do here is, tell your parents you love her(in a non-filmy style please) and tell them why you think she is a good choice for you as well as them as a bride of the family...

Also let them know that all these superstitions of bad luck were spread in olden times to prevent inter-caste marriages.

You don't become better or worse by the caste you are born in. Be honest, and be frank with your parents, they will understand you if you explain lovingly...

Jan 16, 2012, 02:44 AM
    Hi Indya,

Thanks for the reply. What you say holds good with me very much.
    Initially my parents were very against it at the thought itself. I convinced them and I'm able to overcome their fear. But still they are stuck at this very thought.
    So, I'm looking for as scientific/technical/dharmic solution as possible so that their fear is satisfied and agree for this very happily.

Any help from the members on this matter is very much appreciated. Any pointers to such forums/threads will also be much help.
    uppuchat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 11:13 AM
    First of all, please understand that there is no dharma or vedic logic to say Brahmin is top and others are low. This has all been created by some scholarly people wanting to extend their privileges to their posterity created caste system.

Second, even as per Manu Dharma, a Vysya boy can very well marry a Brahmin or a Kshyatriya or Shudra girl and the only thing is the next generation is called with some special names, like in your case, your children would be called as Videha (a child born of Vysya father and Brahmin mother).

Very importantly, at least, Brahmin, Vysya and Kshatriya follow the same Rushi (gotra) system. In simple terms and for example, a Brahmin or Vysya or Kshatriya of (say) Bharadwaj Gotra are the decedents of the same Rishi Bharadwaj, except for the reason that they have chosen different professions. It is as if, you are an Engineer and your very brother is a Doctor doesn't make one less and one superior.

But in Andhra Vysya's do not follow Rishi Gotra. They follow Sanketa Naama as Gotra. Example: Nabhilla, Munikula, Moolakula are Sanketa Naamas (Gotras) which all come under the Moudgalya Rishi. If you can get the Arya Vaishya Gotra Manjari, it will help you in identifying your Rishi. See that your Rishi (your actual Gotra) and the girl's gotra are not the same. Leave the rest to God.

Do not ever think that one is superior caste and the other is lower. Its only profession that has of-late transformed to the present Caste system. You can very well marry !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muslim girl can marry a brahmin boy? [ 27 Answers ]

I am writing to you,because I am in a great dilemma or confusion.I am a muslim girl and I am in love with a Hindu Brahmin boy.I want to marry him.But my parents are objecting.They say its very sinful marrying a hindu boy.Allah will punish you and you will not be happy since you will face many...

I am a sunni boy and I want to marry shia girl [ 2 Answers ]

I am a sunni boy and I want to marry shia girl , can we?

Can a AryaVysya boy marry a Brahmin girl? [ 0 Answers ]

Can a AryaVysya boy marry a Brahmin girl? Just heard of the talks that, if a vysya guy marries a brahmin girl, the boy will be stuck up in growth either financially or socially or career wise. The guy loses the acceleration once the marriage happens. How far is it true? Is it true at all? Can...

Hi, I am Brahmin girl and my boy friend is Yadavar. [ 0 Answers ]

Both are working. My boy friend's family accepted for our marriage. But my family is neglecting totally just because of different caste. My boy friend came to my home and spoked to my parents but my parents didn't accept for this. They wanted to marry a person from brahmin caste only. I can't live...

I am brahmin girl & in love with other cast boy.how to covince my parent for marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I am brahmin girl & in love with other cast boy.We both are working in industries.he is electrical engineer & I am diploma engineer.how to covince my parent for marriage

View more questions Search