Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dertyky1466tm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2012, 09:20 AM
    House and Apartment Cleaning
    I am starting my own cleaning business I have Apartments to clean one and two bedrooms. What should I charge per Apartment? That's how they pay. I also have to pull out all appliances and clean them, plus sweep garage
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 15, 2012, 03:24 PM
    YOu have to figure your total hourly wage, all costs; labor, admin, taxes, insurance, equipment, supplies, profit, etc (per hour). Then calculate how many hour/s it will take to perform the cleaning per the specifications, that total will give you a price per apartment.

Stringer

Jan 15, 2012, 04:29 PM
    I have done that I come up with $96.00 for one bedroom and $220.00 for two bedroom. I hope that is resonable.
    Business Expert

Jan 15, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dertyky1466tm View Post
    I have done that I come up with $96.00 for one bedroom and $220.00 for two bedroom. I hope that is resonable.
    What hourly rate did you come up with and how much of it is profit?

Stringer

Jan 15, 2012, 05:36 PM
    My hourly rate for one bedroom is $12.00 & $15.00 for two bedrooms. I just spent $200.00 on cleaning supplies and $34.00 per month on Insurance.
    Business Expert

Jan 15, 2012, 05:58 PM
    And your profit per hour is what please?

Also how many hours have you calculated for a one bedroom and a two bedroom?

Stringer
    Juliet65 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jan 17, 2012, 06:52 PM
    Dertyky 1466mt who is your ins comp that you pay so low?
    Business Expert

Jan 17, 2012, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    And your profit per hour is what please?

Also how many hours have you calculated for a one bedroom and a two bedroom?

Stringer
    The reason I am asking these questions is so that you are aware of the business end of all this; always know your costs -always know your profit/s.

When you know these you only have to figure the time involved for the total project...

Stringer
    rtraylor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 01:55 PM
    What would be a reasonable rate to charge for apartment cleaning (moveout) and what type of cleaning supplies should I start with?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ky laws for cleaning carpet on apartment? [ 2 Answers ]

If my apartment is sold to another company and they do not supply a new lease does my old lease stay in effect until the day we move out and if we have to put blinds up in the windows when we move it am I aloud to take the blinds when we move out

Apartment Cleaning Prices [ 1 Answers ]

Can somebody please help me. I am trying to start my own cleaning business. I need to know the average prices of empty apartments one, two, three and four bedrooms, offices, clubhouses, hallways, and laundry facilities

Cleaning of an apartment for rent [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved in to an apartment where I did not sign a lease, I had seen the apartment prior to moving in and it was pretty damaged I asked and was told that everything would be done before I moved in when I finally did move in the carpet was never changed or even shampooed and they told me that...

Apartment Cleaning Business [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who's looking to get into this line of work, and he's come to me for help and a couple of questions. He would like to know how much should he charge a flat out rate or should he charge by the square foot.

Apartment Cleaning [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Orlando Fl. I am opening an apartment cleaning business, this is move in and move out, so when I get there to clean the apartment it is empty and I am cleaning to get it ready for move ins. Should I charge by the sq ft? If so, how much?

View more questions Search