Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heyholetsgo1386 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 06:55 PM
    Having a crush on a family member?
    Can anyone help me out here without being rude or mean to me? Yes, I know this is wrong, so you don't have to tell me that I'm a sick human being. I recently just met my uncle, he is 18 years older than me, I started to develop feelings for him, and I soon realized that these feelings were not " i love him because hes family" I knew this for the most part because I would often fantasize about him and me together, and I always find myself blushing when I'm around him, not to mention my heart beating really fast also. I try to push this out of my head. But they always find their way back to my brain. I always dream about him. And I'm constantly blocking thoughts about him. I find myself changing for him trying to make him like me more than family. I don't know what to do, and I'm scaring myself, please help me out on this one. Thanks,
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 07:05 PM
    How old are you, answers will be different at12 or at 25
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 07:06 PM
    You had never met him before?
    NDE PTSD Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 07:48 PM
    I feel you need to figure out who is flirting with who here. If you are flirting with him and it sounds to me like he should get it and understand you have feelings for him. If he is responding to you with flirtatious tones then you are just being a young girl who is in danger. I feel it would be a good idea to avoid your uncle until your feelings towards him change. A good ending to this story would be that he avoids you and keeps you from making a big mistake that you will regret for the rest of your life.
    chantelleeaa Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 07:51 PM
    I understand that you know it is wrong and I also understand that you can't help who you like,but he is your uncle,t would be best that you avoid him or keep them feelings to yourself, they will soon go once you fully understand how badly this could affect you if people in your family knew etc.I think people above have explained everything else

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Family member will not leave with his family and my mom died and I am the exector. [ 1 Answers ]

Mother died and I am the executor of the will. Brother and family have lived with Mom for six months. This was suppose to be temporary. Mom never wanted him in the house and told the other family members he better not live in my house and under no cicumstances do I want him to live here. Have not...

What do you do when you take a family member in? [ 8 Answers ]

My mom couldn't take care of me and I was about to be taken away and so my aunt took me in. And when I lived with my mom I could be myself and she didn't put me down for the way that I was or for having feelings. And growing up living with my aunt and her family I began to hate myself and denied my...

How long does it normally take for a family member to adopt another family member [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I am in the process of adopting my nephew. I have had him since he was born and started the adoption in 05 I did home study, background check, etc in first year. Two years later I got transfer of custody. It is now going on the third year and the adoption is still not final. How long...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

View more questions Search