Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danielle1985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 01:47 PM
    Little brown bugs
    I've got little brown bugs in my house that crawl n can fly I mainly find them on my windowsills what could they be and how do I get rid of them
    Danielle1985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 01:48 PM
    Little brown bugs
    I've got little brown bugs in my house they crawl but can fly I mainly find them in my windowsills what are they
    el_cindo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 07:15 AM
    Danielle,
    I've got those pesky little varmints, too... same description!
    AND... I've even cleaned a mess of 'em up, sprayed some Raid, and 30 minutes later I've got another bunch of 'em... mostly dead, but some still crawling.
    I can't tell WHERE they are coming from. They are all over my apartment, but mostly around my kitchen and livingroom window.
    I've read where Tea Tree Oil is supposed to be a natural bug repellant, but I can't say it does so well on these little buggies!
    I'm not the greatest housekeeper, but in 5 years at the same place, I've never had an infestation like this!!

I sure hope someone can give us an answer. I'm going BUGGY here! HELP!!
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Jul 17, 2012, 08:00 PM
    Do they look like this?

These are false chinch bugs.
    el_cindo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 04:35 AM
    Hi, "G".

No. They don't look like that at all.
    They are all brown. They seem to have 2 main body sections: head, body.
    I know they can fly so they have wings, but the wings are tucked so well as part of the body you wouldn't think they could fly.
    They just seem to come out of no where!!
    I have them mostly around my 2 main, main floor windows (I have a small, split-level apartment). I've seen 3 or 4 downstairs (bathroom, spare room, bedroom), but nothing like what I have in my kitchen and around my living room window.
    They do seem attracted to light so I have set up some "liquid" traps under a night light on my counter. It has nabbed a few. Other than that, I'm going to keep up with my Raid attacks and try giving the dehumidifier a whirl. My research has indicated that excess moisture could be a problem for me, a joy to the bugs.
    BTW, I'm in Eastern Canada. I'm not sure these things are residents of only certain locations.
    Thanks for the response.

Cindy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny Brown Bugs on the wall [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, please help. I was at a relative's house yesterday clearing out a few things and I noticed these tiny brown bugs with dark brown spots on the wall near the front door. They don't seem to fly or even move rapidly for that matter. They are on the same wall where a few boxes have been stored...

Brown bugs on dog [ 1 Answers ]

I just found some weird bug on my dog too... doesn't look like a flea; it's lighter and doesn't jump, but around the same size as one. It could be a mite, but she isn't overly itchy. It's definitely not a tick... anything else??

Home invasion of little brown bugs [ 5 Answers ]

I live in a lower level condo and am being invaded by little brown bugs that roll up in a ball when touched. How can I get rid of them? Where might the source be? :(

Brown bugs on my cat [ 10 Answers ]

I was petting one of my cats this morning before work and thought I saw a piece of dirt on him near his ear. I went to wipe it off him and it RAN!! So obviously it is some type of brown bug not sure what kind but everything I looked up said fleas. It didn't seem to bother him but it is bothering...

Tiny brown bugs in kitchen cabinets [ 4 Answers ]

I'm sorry I don't have a picture to add, they're so small it doesn't come out clearly with the camera on my phone... I have tiny light brown bugs in my kitchen cabinets (the size of the head of a pin). I am finding them in all cardboard containers. They seem to try and hide when the boxes are...

View more questions Search