Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sft001 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 11:25 AM
    Invisible bugs biting & crawling on me
    I been getting bites on my body, face, & head. They also bites during the day. I can feel them crawling under my clothes. I bought new clothes to test if its my detergent. I go out in my new clothes for hrs & I don't have that feeling. But when I got home for like 20 minutes. I can feel them crawling on me. Also on my arms & legs when wearing shorts. But when I look I don't see anything there. The bites are small. It look like flea bites but doesn't have a blister when I pinched it & doesn't itch as much as flea bites. I've seen 1 very tiny, cleared long shaped bug at my old apt. And when I tried to catch it, it disappeared. I haven't seen it since then. I had 4 exterminators came out & they told me I don't have bedbugs. I already knew that. And that I need to find a sample for them before they can treat it. I thought that's the reason I called them so they can find out! One even ripped me off by telling me to have them send a dog (cost me $200) because he couldn't find anything. And that the dog can sniff out other bugs including mites. Then after they sent the dog, I found out their dogs can only sniff out bedbugs. When I already told them I don't have bedbugs! I kept calling tried to get my $ back. Of course they never call back or refund me. I just moved but they followed me to my new home. I been having this problem for more than a yr now. Please help!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 6, 2012, 11:36 AM
    If you are absolutely positive it isn't bedbugs (which are light and almost clear like the one you found), I would consider white fleas or mites, both very hard to see. To save money, go to a hardware store and buy a flea bomb for each room and follow the instructions VERY carefully, including leaving all day and washing all dishes and clothes afterwards. You can buy them in 6 packs too.

Jul 6, 2012, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    If you are absolutely positive it isn't bedbugs (which are light and almost clear like the one you found), I would consider white fleas or mites, both very hard to see. To save money, go to a hardwaire store and buy a flea bomb for each room and follow the instructions VERY carefully, including leaving all day and washing all dishes and clothes afterwards. You can buy them in 6 packs too.
    I have used the foggers probably more than 10 times. I've tried the Raids & the Hotshot foggers. Hotshot spray for outdoor. But none of them work didn't work.
    rbdrbd Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 01:31 PM
    Its probably brujeria! Someone is doing a job on you!

Jul 9, 2012, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rbdrbd View Post
    Its probably brujeria!! Someone is doing a job on you!
    I don't think it's that. My sis had used a clean sheet I brought from the old house but forgot to wash it before brought it in the new house & she felt it the next morning. Also, I go over to my bf's on the wknd & I don't feel anything.
    JohnDoe30344 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 07:29 PM
    Those same bugs are biting me and my dog also. I sprayed raid max, flying bug spray. I sprinkled flea powder on carpet and even used bed bug solution. These bugs seem bite even after I sprayed myself with Off.
    current pert

Jul 12, 2012, 09:59 PM
    JohnDoe, you and you dog have fleas, and you need flea treatment from a vet, plus foggers for you house.

Jul 13, 2012, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe30344 View Post
    those same bugs are biting me and my dog also. I sprayed raid max, flying bug spray. I sprinkled flea powder on carpet and even used bed bug solution. These bugs seem bite even after I sprayed myself with Off.

John,

Have you seen at least 1 before? I been doing a lot of research online. It seems like I have springtail. But I'm not sure since there might thousands of mites that look like that. I tried ecaulyptus oil, peppermint oil, & water in a spray bottle. I sprayed my comforter & clothes I wear after shower. I don't feel them until the next day. Been doing his for a few days. I don't know if it repel them or kill them. Im sure they are all over my house & for sure in my clothes. Washing & drying for an hr ( sometimes even longer) doesn't kill them. I just ordered cedar oil fogger. Hopefully it works. Will update on that.
    PapillonOne Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 11:35 PM
    There are so many kinds of mites and many are willing to bite us if their preferred meal is not available like birds for example. I am wondering if you have any openings in your attic where birds can nest or other animals can get in.

I am thinking you should try dusting everything, bedding, the rugs, couches, chairs, etc with food grade diatomaceos earth as that should handle the mites, as well bed bugs and fleas just in case they are part of the problem. It is often sold in health food and pet stores. Go to: http://www.earthworkshealth.com/orga...st-control.php and you will find lots of info on this product or Google food grade diatomacous earth. I have had good results using this to stop being bitten and laying in the DE does you no harm and washes off or vacuums up easily. Good luck.

PS do not use the pool supply kind, must be food grade and do not buy the stuff they sell in the plant departments as it also has other ingredients that could harm you. Food grade can even be taken internally if you think you might be harboring intestinal parasites.

Aug 14, 2012, 12:34 AM
    Hi,
    I know its not from the outside. I had it since I was at my old apt. I just moved a few months ago to get away. They are stuck in my clothes that I can't seem to get rid of. I know for sure its not the detergent. Spraying ecaulyptus oil on my sheets & blanket is the only way I get a good night sleep.

Aug 14, 2012, 01:56 AM
    Okay so the infestation came with you, you still need to try the Diatomaceous earth I suggested. Look at the website and see how many critters it takes care of. You can dust your clothes, your rugs, yourself, your bed sheets, & pillows etc. I have done it for myself. You will sleep, wake up and shower as your skin will be dry but the relief is very fast. You can also leave it around your base boards and in the window sills so that it keeps on killing the buggers as you want to get he next generation as they will have laid eggs in your home and everywhere. Good luck.
    Jude1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2012, 04:22 PM
    I have been dealing with this invisible, biting bugs mess since early April of this year... now 5 full months. I have tried Borax, Diatemaceous Earth, Cedar oil fogging (for 4 weeks daily), carpet neutralization/sanitation and still have the problem. It is also significant in my car where I also tried each of these methods at separate times with great effort to be thorough!

I moved into this apartment over the course of Jan-March, living here only part time in those months. When I started living here full time in early April the crawling, then biting stuff started. I also brought in my cat at that time--a clean, house cat with no problems before here and although he has since checked out healthy 2x with the vet... he is flicking stuff off himself when he is in the apartment.

Originally I thought that old boxes of paper stuff had been infested with mites and that brought them over from my old place. Now I think that whatever it is it may have been air borne because in my new place that would have been the time when I would leave windows open for long periods and there is often a strong wind from the south that blows in. Sooo, I still know little about the pest.

I've had four different exterminators come in and none could help because they can't see anything :(

I soak my clothes in the cedar oil product for laundry and that DOES help. I ended up replacing ALL my previous clothing because the pest problem built up in them. I have been wearing newer clothing now for 2 months I think, and I always soak clothing and bedding for 1 hour before laundering in hot water and drying on High heat. These newer clothes mostly still seem good---I noticed a few problems recently but don't consider it permanent at this time.

This problem for me is compounded with parasites... unknown to me if it is part of the same bug/cycle or if they are separate entities. BTW: Medical doctors are incredibly unable to help if you suspect a parasitic condition... much better to seek help from more naturopathic type doctors.

After getting some help with the parasitic problem it is clearer that there is DEFINITELY a biting "something" that lives in the carpet of both my car and apartment. I no longer consider it a possible reaction to anything other than actual bugs... its way to exact... the location of the largest problem, the sensation and related skin irratation----which however, are NOT always a result after the biting sensation. So, of course, that creates another level of confusion around this problem.
    stevieg123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2012, 08:01 AM
    I'm stumped... I also have something in my apt. Can't see them, but as soon as I get home they find me. I feel a crawling sensation and an annoying bite. Tried bombing, 20 Mule Borax on brand new berber carpet, which I feel was installed with eggs that hatched during a heat wave. I heard Windex of all things kills them but no luck. I vacuum everyday, to no avail. This SUCKS!! I see my 2 year old scratching and it breaks my heart that I can't help her.
    They also seem to love my crotch area. Lovely... Its too embarrassing to talk about with nieghbors or friends. So now what?
    I ordered a steamer. Maybe that will work. Keep you posted...

Sep 13, 2012, 04:50 PM
    Cedar oil did not work for me. I soaked my clothes for 2 hrs in the PCO for laundry didn't work either. What a waste of $500! I'm trying DE now. Will update
    current pert

Sep 13, 2012, 05:49 PM
    Invisible probably means mites. There are thousands of kinds, and many are extremely hard to get rid of, like bird mites. Anyone have birds at your old apt?

Sep 17, 2012, 12:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Invisible probably means mites. There are thousands of kinds, and many are extremely hard to get rid of, like bird mites. Anyone have birds at your old apt?
    I agree, mites are so tiny and I never could see them but they love to bite you and especially like crotches.. the softer the skin the better is their motto! I used powdered sulphur, sprinkled it on my breasts as that is where they bit me the worse, and my boyfriend's crotch. In the end, we had to find the source which was in a corner eaves where there was a bird's nest... worse there were dead baby birds in the nest, & when they died the mites searched for new blood host... they prefer birds but will use humans if no birds are available. Sulphur is a very old cure... why not try it? I think they sell it at drugstores. Good luck.

Sep 28, 2012, 12:44 AM
    No one complain about this problem at the apt. So I'm guessing not. I live on the bottle floor so if something is on the roof they the tenants on the top would have the problem. My apt was not near any trees.

Sep 28, 2012, 12:58 AM
    Also I had 4 exterminators came out and couldn't find anything. 1 even told me you can see mites. Even the baby ones. I told him he must have really good eyes and he's like 50 years old. I moved out of the apt but still feel them in my clothes. Sometimes feel bugs jumping on my legs and face when lied down. Currently trying DE powder and boiling some clothes. I shower and got out of the house in the boiled clothes. It felt OK at first then started to feel a little crawly feeling after a while. Don't know if it didn't work or they got on me that quick.
    Gaylestevenson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2012, 07:21 PM
    I had the exact, same symptoms. I took picutres of everything, including poop and skin. What I found is unbelievable to Americans, but not in the UK. I had worms, so I did a parasite cleanse. That helped, but I still felt crawling. With the pics, I found out I had been invaded by a cloth moth. Either the Webbing Cloth moth or the Casemaking Cloth Moth. They eat hair and love keratin, protein and vitamin B. That's what I had. If you are still suffering, take pictures and enlarge them. Doctors don't know about this stuff and will call you delusional and won't help you anymore. I use edible organic diatomacious earth fm internet on my skin or Calamine clear with Noxema or face cream on top. Take 1c salt and @ 1c vinegar baths to clean them out 2x or 3x a day. Vacuum EVERY day and throw away the bag so u don't get reinfested. My sister is a clean freak and she got this before I did. Hope this helps.
    mitebuster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2012, 09:30 PM
    Buy a microscope for $10 at Walgreens (toy section) and scrape your own skin where you feel something moving to see what you have.

After treating for mites for months including moving and giving away my dogs... I finally did that and found I have some sort of microscopic worms! Yuck. I couldn't believe my eyes. They were worms. I'm being given two doses of Ivermectin. Cross my fingers this will work. BTW- mine included bites that ran from my tail bone and moved up my spine and then spread out across my back. I don't know what these are but this is awful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible Bugs Crawling on me ONLY when we are on the couch! [ 14 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I both have been experiencing the sensation of bugs crawling on our legs. It started up again about 2 weeks or so. It started slowly and gradually got worse. Neither of us had said anything to each other until 2 days ago when the feeling was so bad we each freaked out, thinking...

Has anyone found a solution for the invisible biting bugs [ 24 Answers ]

I'm just wondering if all of us that are experiencing these invisible biting bugs have something in common. The reason why I say that is that these things only attack certain people. Has anyone explored a possible link to prescription drugs? I myself take about 5 different prescribed drugs. ...

Invisible biting/stinging bugs [ 59 Answers ]

We live close to several farmer's fields and have gotten overwhelmed by some type of grain mite. As of yet, no one has been able to identify which specific type. Have tried many different sprays along w/ the exterminators advice. Anyone know how to get rid of these things. We have lost a couch...

What are these almost invisible biting bugs in 1 room of our house? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Colorado and for the last year we are getting bites from some invisible flying bugs. We have bombed the entire house, sprayed the front and back yards including the foundation of our house as well. The bites are small raised red bumps that really itch. They seem to bite more at night. ...

View more questions Search