Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KelseyLaLinda18 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 09:31 AM
    I used meth twice in a day and took a hair follicle. Will I fail?
    I smoked two bowls of meth 2 1/2 weeks ago and had to take a hair follicle. Is it likely that I will fail for that? Please let me know!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 11, 2012, 09:35 AM
    Really depends if that's part of the test spectrum.

Jul 11, 2012, 10:09 AM
    What do you mean part of the test spectrum?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2012, 10:12 AM
    spectrum = requirements or range of criteria examined

Jul 11, 2012, 10:48 AM
    So even if it was a one day use I may fail is what your getting at? Depends on the levels they test at?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2012, 10:52 AM
    Yes.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2012, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KelseyLaLinda18 View Post
    I smoked two bowls of meth 2 1/2 weeks ago and had to take a hair follicle. Is it likely that I will fail for that? Please let me know!
    The time span is far less important than the amount smoked. Was the amount sufficient to be incorporated into your hair above the level of detection.

For a drug to be incorporated into the hair usually requires multiple use (with the exception of cocaine).

Amphetamines, including methamphetamine, are always tested for even in basic 5-panel tests.

On the other hand meth is not heavily incorporated into hair, (see Graph at p. 174 and note MA)

Drug incorporation into hair

Whether your use was sufficient to register on a hair test is impossible to state with certainty. It probably wasn't because hair testing is effective for detecting regular drug use and not very effective for infrequent use. But it is possible.

Your ethnicity, hair color and thickness are also important to the results. The lighter the natural color of your hair and the finer the hair, the less the chance for most drugs to become detectable.

Prior to the episode 2-1/2 weeks ago had you used meth? Smoked drugs also are known to enter hair from external sources by way of sweat and sebaceous glands. So being around those who smoke can also increase the chance for detection from contamination.

Jul 11, 2012, 12:05 PM
    I was a frequent user up until May 6th. I quit cold turkey and now I am sweating this hair test. I have fine blonde hair and smoked about .4 of meth that one day.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2012, 12:23 PM
    I was a frequent user up until May 6th. I quit cold turkey and now I am sweating this hair test. I have fine blonde hair and smoked about .4 of meth that one day.
    Now the time span does become important as hair tests regularly detect use across a period of 90 days, give or take. While it is quite possible that your use of recent wouldn't be detectable the heavy use through May very well should be detectable.

But once again, this test is extremely biased against those with dark coarse hair while those with blond fine hair just as you describe are the least likely to be detected using a hair drug test.

Jul 11, 2012, 12:29 PM
    Now I admitted to the use back in may so they know that I will come back positive if they go back 90 days. They told me they were just testing back 60 days. So I don't know how the test would come out.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Well that is interesting. Were you previously tested using hair? That might provide a hint.

Excluding the period of known heavy use it would be my guess that the more recent use would not be detected particularly given your personal characteristics. Testing at 60 days is risky because it assumes an unknown hair growth rate.

Jul 11, 2012, 12:47 PM
    That was exactly my thought when they threw this random hair follicle test on me. And no, I've been given UAs but have passed all of those. Now my hair grows very slow so Im not sure what is going to happen.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2012, 01:12 PM
    Shouldn't you have said that you paused cold turkey?
    I assume that there is a reason for the testing requirements and if you fail the system is working.
    Maybe you are in a job that affects me.
    Find a job that doesn't require testing.

Jul 12, 2012, 09:19 AM
    What do you mean I paused cold turkey? What are you talking about?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2012, 09:26 AM
    What do you mean I paused cold turkey? What are you talking about?
    Hello K:

He thinks you're being tested because you have a job that requires your full attention, like driving a huge crane, or inspecting food. He thinks that if you're bombed, you might drop a load on some people and kill them, or fail to detect a can of botulism that might find its way into HIS cabinet.

I think, however, that you're being tested by the parole or probation people, and you're trying to stay HIGH and on probation at the same time... Good luck with that.

excon

Jul 12, 2012, 09:30 AM
    Bahaha... Yeah, well I am being tested from the parole commission and only got high once since I got quit, that's why I was asking for advice... and ironically I work for an attorney so as long as you don't come into my office your good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you fail a hair follicle drug test by being around other people who are smoking [ 5 Answers ]

If you are hanging out with some friends and they light up a joint or blunt and smoke in a room right beside you or even while riding down the road with the windows down and you are fixing to take a hair follicle drug test in like two months can you fail even though you wasn't smoking it with them

U A positive for opiates and meth day after taking stamina rx [ 1 Answers ]

I took stamina rx the day before doing a U A and the test came back positive for opiates and meth what ingrediant can come back positive for opiates and meth in stamina rx

Hair Follicle [ 1 Answers ]

I smoked a small amount of meth about a month ago. I have to take a hair folic test in about two weeks. Will I pass due to the fact I didn't do but a small amount? It has been about 40 days since I smoked a small amount of meth. Will I pass a hair follicle test with in 50 days?

Hair follicle [ 0 Answers ]

I have to get a hair follicle, I'm just wondering... What does suboxone show up or better yet break down into? Thanks

Hair follicle test pass/fail [ 7 Answers ]

I smoked about 3 weeks ago and haven't smoked in about 18 months. I took 2 hits and was done. I had a follicle test this week 7-20-2011. What are the chances I pass?

View more questions Search