Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ray_55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 06:03 AM
    How do you change frequency on a hunter ceiling fan remote won't work
    How do you change the frequency on a hunter ceiling fan and its remote to se if it can work
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2012, 10:43 AM
    You would have to change the crystal in the transmitter. There are little switches on some remotes that have to match the ones on the fan.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 7, 2012, 10:48 AM
    Open the canopy at the ceiling and pull out the receiver enough so you can see the dip switches. Move all switches to either I or O. Now open the handheld remote and move its switches to match what you did on the receiver. Use a test probe and test the black and white wires feeding from the ceiling box to confirm power reaching the receiver. Now press your fan or light button on the remote and test for power coming out of the receiver. The blue and white should be hot if you pressed the light button. The black and white should be hot if you pushed the fan button.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter fan remote control fan speed problems part no 85095-01,It won't go to high [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hunter fan with a remote control unit.. part no... 85095-01. Anyway what is happeneing is I don't have high speed only low and medium. I have another Hunter fan exactly like this one and it has high speed so I know it not working. What can I do to correct it?

Can I change the jumpers on a hunter remote to work on my hampton bay fan? [ 2 Answers ]

The part number on the hampton bay remote is model:UC7030T and the hunter remote is part number 99600.

Will a Hampton Bay Fan or HarborB remote work to replace a Hunter fan remote control? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a used Hunter fan Model 23530 and it is missing the remote control Model 85095-01, Freq: 350Mhz, Battery 12V, Type 23A, MN-21 or equivalent. I have several Hampton Bay fan remotes that work. I also have a Harbor Breeze fan remote that I could use. They have the same functions and...

How do I change frequency on Hampton Bay Fan remote? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I change the freuency on my Hampton Bay Fan remote?

Frequency Change Harbor Breeze Fan Remote [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: ::confused: How do i change the frequency of a fan remote. A 2nd fan is responding to the remote. Thanks, Mickey Harbor breeze--rc103l0

View more questions Search