Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vixxie2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2005, 06:05 PM
    Shingles
    Can you get shingles in the genital area?
    dgainer1 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2005, 09:06 PM
    shingles
    Yes, you can get shingles in the genital area, but it is not common. I have had shingles 11 times now. I always get them on my lower left back. This has been a problem for me since I had a spinal fusion surgery 3 years ago. I had my first outbreak while I was recovering, and the other outbreaks have all occurred randomly. I have done a lot of online research trying to find relief from this, and I have read of others having shingles affect the genital area. However, if you have what you believe is shingles ONLY in the genital area, you may have another form of herpes. Check with a medical professional to be sure. Either way there is treatment available, but no cure. Good luck.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2005, 02:32 AM
    Yes, Shingles can become present in the genital area. If you are having concerns about anything, go to your doctor or hospital and get diagnosed whatever it may be.
    broken hearted lee Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vixxie2000
    can you get shingles in the genital area?
    I am wondering exactly the same thing. I guess blood tests would answer this... as it could be herpes... ugh!!
    Sheiladabrat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 05:59 PM
    I am glad I went numb before getting the rash, sounds painful. I am female and only 43, it started under my left breast and the side where of course a bra would rub. I went numb about 3 or 4 days before I got the rash. I thought the numbness was do to my back issues because all of my right leg has been numb for a while now. However, the surgeon said nothing with my back could cause numbness under my left breast. Anyway, just wanted those who are going through this cor the first time, numbness is/can be an indicator of shingles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Covering asbest shingles with faux/synth rock [ 4 Answers ]

I just got off the phone with someone from JPJ Technologies who said that I could cover the asbestos shingles with faux/synthetic rock, or brick panels. The problem is that the cost is $950.00 for a 12 DVD training course. I gather that the price covers the DVDs, and printed materials only. Is...

Shingles [ 4 Answers ]

My concern is the shingle virus in a swimming pool would the virus be in the water if someone went in with a blister and if so how long would it remain in the water? Thanks

View more questions Search