Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blob44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2009, 09:33 PM
    Proper wiring diagram for 4 spped inside blower motor
    I had my inside 120 volt blower motor changed awhile back and a bigger motor than the original was installed because it was the only one I could get at that time. The blower runs to fast. I would like to change it out with a smaller HP 4 speed 120 volt motor. I need to know how to properly wire it. Could something be put on the present motor to slow it down?
    Also there has been a browish colored material coming out the ceiling outlets. Could the coils be dirty? I took off a couple of the ceiling vents and the pipes are clean inside.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 30, 2009, 11:16 PM
    The wiring diagram should be on the motor itself. Here is a universal color code speed wiring diagram for furnace blowers. Yours should be the lower diagrams since your motor probably has a capacitor.

The color near the ceiling could be almost anything but it never hurts to have your heat exchanger in the furnace tested if it is gas or oil operated.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Doc1.pdf (158.6 KB, 2895 views)
    hershman9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 07:41 AM
    I'm want to lower blower speed on furnace because central air isn't removing humidity from air.on the blower is a strip wired as follows.white wire to com terminal .black wire to high.blue wire to med high. No wire on med low. Red wire to low
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 08:49 AM
    The slower you run the blower the MORE humidity you will remove from the air. The reason is the air has more contact time with the cold coil and allows more moisture to be removed. Now with that being said you also have to adjust the speed to allow for proper air movement in the structure. Read the attachment on the previous post of mine to see the wiring diagrams.

NOTE: Your unit is wired to use the high speed for the A/C. You will need to change the black wire to the blue and try that. Disconnect the black wire and tape off if necessary since you do not want both black and blue connected to the terminal at the same time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring diagram GE electric motor. [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old GE motor that I would like to use at 115 volts. This motor is currently wired for 220 volts. The cover plate has the diagram listing the information but is unreadable. The current wiring configuration is as follows: Tied together are (2,3) (6,7) (5,9) and (8,10) Leads 1 and 4 are...

Hooking up inside blower motor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Emerson direct drive blower with the following wires: white, black, red, blue, brown with white strip, brown. The problem is that the wires don't match the color coded wires on the old unit and I have no idea which wires go with the wires in the furnace. Can you help?

Blower motor wiring diagram [ 3 Answers ]

I have a lennox central air conditioner manufactured in 85 I need to replace my blower motor and need the wiring diagram

View more questions Search