Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    syermder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2012, 12:19 PM
    How to reset the kenmore ultra dishwasher flashing lock on mod# 17772990
    The lock on lite is flashing when you close the door to the dish washer so what do I have to do to fix it or reset it ? I have never used the dish washer as I just bought the house and it came with it. Thank you
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2012, 04:07 PM
    My Sears washer is model 665.17029400 and reset is as follows-Press normal wash and heated dry one after the other about 5 times.All lights on panel will light.Wait until all lights go out and it resets itself.It will go into a mode on it's own.Then press cancel and set your options as you normally would and press start.This worked for me after not having washer for 3 months.Sears customer service told me to turn off breaker for 5 minutes and it would reset itself-NOT TRUE! Depend on sites like this for practical info.Sears does not want you to know these things as it would eliminate expensive and unnecessary service calls. (From another post)
    wbmason1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 03:01 PM
    I am having the same issue but nothing is fixing it. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2012, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wbmason1 View Post
    I am having the same issue but nothing is fixing it. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    You may have to go through it and look for things like a stuck float or stopped up pump or filter. Look at these and see if you can learn something that will help: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Dishwasher%20Service%20Manuals-Whirlpool-Kenmore.zip
    I will leave this file on the server as long as I can.
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2012, 04:59 PM
    For all readers check this on the forum: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/applia...set-51085.html
    It's amazing how we find answers when we put people together all over the world.
    wbmason1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Thanks for the .zip and the link. Hopefully I'll find something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher won't start, red control lock light flashing [ 8 Answers ]

Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher won't start. The control lock red light (above the "start" pad) flashes when I press "start" or any of the control lights. The door is closed completely.

Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher flashing "clean" light needs to be reset [ 110 Answers ]

We paid a Sears repairman to come out when we had a flashing "Clean" light on our dishwasher, A Kenmore Ultra Wash 665.1603 or 1703, and he gave us the diagnostic code (buttons to push on the operating panel) and we have used it again after that, but I cannot find the order of the buttons to push...

?how to reset kenmore ultra wash dishwasher 665.17772990 [ 0 Answers ]

My ultra wash was flashing "Lock On" I changed the circuit board. Now it flashes "Quick Rinse". Is there a way to reset the system?

Kenmore Dishwasher 665 Ultra Control Lock Reset? [ 3 Answers ]

I have researched previous unlock codes and can't find one that works. My Dishwasher is a Kenmore 665 Ultra 15951791. The upper latch got bent, my wife bent it to allow door to close and now the Control Lock light is on solid. This happened a couple of years ago and I found a reset code here on...

Kenmore ultra wash dishwasher lock light flashing [ 0 Answers ]

I have a kenmore ultra wash dishwasher model 16a69990/665 that won't run. The Lock On light is flashing. Tried turning off at power source, unplugging and resetting with random button pressing but no luck. Any ideas?

View more questions Search