Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soccerlover9121 Posts: 47, Reputation: 5

Jun 23, 2012, 11:42 AM
    Fun things to do with an 8 and a 10 year old..
    I'm babysitting for two girls (one is 8 and the other is 10) for the first time today. What are some fun things for us to do? They have games and movies at their house but I'd like a "back-up" just in case we run out of things to do. Please any suggestions would be really helpful! Thanks!
    qwertyou123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 12:05 PM
    Taking care of children in that age group can be a challenge. :) But thankfully they have will try almost anything new. Things like drawing/ coloring, hide and seek , throwing around a ball in the backyard (if they have a backyard) are just a few examples of thing to do with them. One tip: always be involved in what they are doing. It will make them realize that you are a fun-loving person.:) That is real important to them.
    Hope this helped!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 12:17 PM
    Take along a deck of playing cards and turn them upside down on a table. Take turns and flip over two at a time to try to make a match. If you do match two of them, you win that pair and get another turn. If you don't match two of the cards, flip the two cards over again and the next person takes a turn. The trick is to remember where cards are. You three can even make you own pairs out of 3x5 cards or posterboard.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2012, 12:19 PM
    Do times table cheers -- Give me a 7. Give me an 8. Whaddya have? 56! Yay!! And so on. Do the jumping and twirling like a real cheerleader.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fun things to do @ a hotel party? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm going to have about 16 people in a Hilton suite for my 19th birthday. We're going to have some drinks and some music, but not too loud. What are some things we can do to get everybody talking? I have so many different groups of friends. I want to make sure that they all get comfy w/ each other.

Fun things a 4 year old can do to occupy herself [ 6 Answers ]

From 3-9 I'm pretty packed with school work, I usually give my 4 year old dinner by 5PM and by 6 I switch the t.v. on. I really don't like that the t.v. plays babysitter for three hours. By 9PM it's bed time. I bought her a Lite Brite, that keeps her entertained for about an hour. What else...

Fun things to do with a virgin so it doesn't get boring [ 4 Answers ]

So, I'm dating this guy who wants to wait to have sex until marriage, it doesn't really bug me since I like/care about him a lot but I don't want things to get boring. What are some fun sexy interesting things that we can do that will keep the relationship interesting and passionate and not dull?

Things to do for fun [ 9 Answers ]

I have two sons 9 and 12 years old. I want to take them out on the weekend to do something for fun. Besides going to shopping and movies, I have no ideas what to do, where to go for fun. We live in PA, USA. Please help!!

Fun Things [ 1 Answers ]

Well dating is tough and it gets tougher to keep things interesting after 2 years! What are some fun things(activities) to do to re-connect or just to fire things up in a relationship?

View more questions Search