Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bwares Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2012, 11:12 PM
    What does supervised visitation mean
    I am a father of 2 kids(12 yr old daughter // 10 yr old son) wth my ex-wife. We have been devoirced for 10 years. My ex-wifes current husband beats her up(she has stated that she is not going to leave him). To sum it up... I currently have the kids in my custody (through the court process) the judge has stated that my ex-wife is allowed supervised visitation. I need clarifaction of what that means... I want the kids to see their mom. Does Supervised Visitation mean that I need to see and hear every conversation between my ex-wife and my kids?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 15, 2012, 11:52 PM
    Supervised visitation means exactly what it says. Her visits must be supervised.

Most times the person supervising the visits isn't the other parent, but a neutral third party.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2012, 04:18 AM
    Normally that should have been clarified, Normally there has to be another person, who the court approves or the two people approve in the room at all times, she would not be allowed to ever be alone with the kids.

Here in Atlanta for example, there are court approved centers where a parent goes and there is court staff there to supervise. Other times it is done in special play centers. In other times a other family member has to be present.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 16, 2012, 04:45 AM
    You need to go back to the court to get this clarified.

I'm assuming the court ordered supervised visits so the mother couldn't bring the children in contact with her new husband. So the judge might agree to her visiting in your home but not requiring you to be in the same room constantly.

Courts can be flexible on the meaning of supervision depending on the circumstances. So the judge could mean anything from hiring a 3rd party to constantly monitor the vist to just making sure the new husband doesn't come in contact.

We can't clarify this for you, only the judge can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Supervised Visitation? Help! [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Maryland and my one-year old son's father has filed for joint legal custody. I am requesting sole custody with supervised visitation for him. He has destroyed property twice in my home (minor items but I have 2 police reports) plus left a bruise only ONE time when he grabbed my upper...

Supervised visitation [ 1 Answers ]

The ncp in my life has two hour supervised visits every Thursday.last visit was conducted 12/25/08.my daughter informed me the supervisor was not present even though she contacted me stating she was present.what am I supposed to do next time they decide they want a visit?:eek::eek:

Violating Visitation and Supervised Visitation [ 5 Answers ]

Good afternoon all, I have read your site and its very informative so I joined I have a two part question and your advice is greatly appreciated. I have a 11mnth old baby boy and I am 30yrs old I left my sons father at the beginning of my pregnancy we dated for 31/2yrs he became abusive wheni told...

Supervised visitation [ 5 Answers ]

Are there any places where I can send my son to visit his father with out me having to be present on the visit?

View more questions Search