Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjrom88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Cost to fix trane xb80 blower motor
    I came home and started smelling a eletric burning smell and my house was a little foggy with smoke and the blower inside stopped working I turned it to fan but the blower just makes a click
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 13, 2012, 04:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrom88 View Post
    i came home and started smelling a eletric burning smell and my house was a little foggy with smoke and the blower inside stoped working i turned it to fan but the blower just makes a click
    The blower motor might have been fried or wiring associated with it. That is where I would start to look. Cost wise it is a toss up since different areas of the country charge different prices/markup's on equipment and labor also varies. Best for you to call around your area hvac company's to get a estimate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane xv90 blower motor doesn't. Motor is free, unit is 7 years, not t-stat. Thanks [ 2 Answers ]

I believe I have troubleshot this down to either the blower motor or their Integrated Controller board. 120VAC to motor OK but too many other wires from board to motor for motor control to test (variable speed) without advice or a manual. Motor is rated for 100% duty cycle and has only been run...

Fan Motor or Blower Motor? Trane XB80 [ 0 Answers ]

Outside fan motor clicks and hums - are the fan motor (outside) and blower motor (to circulate the air) tied together? i.e. if one is out, neither will work? If so - how do you diagnose which motor is out? This is on a Trane XB80 Furnace & Air Conditioner

Trane replacement blower motor? [ 0 Answers ]

What universal blower motor is compartible with the trane mot6359

Trane xb80 blower works but no heat [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Trane XB80 with a duel fuel setup. The heat pump kicks in when the outside temp exceeds 35 degrees and is working fine. When the temp gets below 35, the furnace should take over. The blower is working but the furnace is not heating

Cost estimate on blower motor for a trane ac unit [ 1 Answers ]

What would be a ballpark cost for replacement of a trane a/c blower motor? Mine died after coming home from vacation to a completely iced up unit (plugged drain) Thanks

View more questions Search