Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    towne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 09:44 AM
    Dating a widow with children
    Dating a woman for 6 months and her says her kids are not ready to meet me yet
    evaforever Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Jun 6, 2012, 09:50 AM
    Maybe the kids are stillupset that they don't see their dad much anymore? Maybe she is worried that her kids won't like you or that you will go off her when you meet them. Be supportive and understanding. Stay keen to meet them. Maybe buy them some small gifts?
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Jun 6, 2012, 09:54 AM
    So what is your question? Are you wondering if that is not normal or not fair?

My thought is that the children may still be in shock after their father passed away... how long has it been?

Look, they lost "dad." You may be a man worth knowing but they may not be ready to know you yet because of fear, anger, etc. If you can't deal with that, then you may have to decide if you are willing to wait or not.
    towne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 10:02 AM
    There father has passed away 3.5 yrs ago. The Kids are 20 & 24
    She is committed to me for a never ending relationship. Just not sure if it her or her kids. She has told them I am not going away so they should decide to meet me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2012, 10:20 AM
    So why do you need to meet them ? It is not like small kids living at home.? I assume the kids do not live at home.

They may not ever approve of her dating someone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating a widow [ 2 Answers ]

Ive recently began dating a widow, she is 42 Im 45, I have been having a difficult time dealing with her emotions and even insensitive at times, its all new to me and I don't know how to respond to her grieving. Thanks,

Dating a Widow w/ Children [ 8 Answers ]

I need help! I met a man about 8 months ago. He lost his wife a little over a year ago. When we met, we immediately because good friends a help to each other because I met him on the week my husband left me. We both have small children, who are the same age. As time goes on, we have been getting...

Dating a widow with a young child [ 15 Answers ]

I am 24 and I’m dating a man who is 30. We met 5 months ago through mutual friends. At the time we were both casually dating a couple of other people. We started slowly, seeing each other about every 2 weeks. After 2 months, he asked if I’d be willing to only see him. At first we’d just see...

Children and dating [ 17 Answers ]

Hi there, Not sure if this okay to post here but I had a question, regarding kids and dating. I split from my husband four years ago and had no interest in dating until now. Now that I found someone I would like to have in my life, how long should I wait to let him sleepover here once in awhile...

Dating a man with five children. [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone , My name is andria and I am getting ready to make a huge move in my life . I'm from c:confused: alifornia and the man I'm dating is in Oklahoma and I'm getting ready to move there with him and his five children. A 12 yr old 9,7,2 and a 4 month old baby girl. I'm...

View more questions Search