Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jandsinfl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 06:17 AM
    Pump Running but no water
    We Are buying a house, we went out yesterday and checked the well pump. When we turned the breaker on the pump started pumping but we were getting no water... It ran for approx. 5 minutes. The holding tank is totally empty and no water coming to the tank. Hopefully someone can tell me what the problem could be... Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 29, 2012, 06:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jandsinfl View Post
    We Are buying a house, we went out yesterday and checked the well pump. When we turned the breaker on the pump started pumping but we were getting no water... It ran for approx. 5 minutes. The holding tank is totally empty and no water coming to the tank. Hopefully someone can tell me what the problem could be.... Thanks.
    Did you remove the fitting located on top of the impeller housing and primed the pump before you turned it on? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my water pump always running? [ 9 Answers ]

What kind of pump? Hot water circ, sump pump, ejecter pump? Well pump?

Why is my water pump always running? [ 1 Answers ]

My water pump will never shut off, there is nothing leaking and no water running. It used just come one when the water was being used, now it doesn't shut off at all, what's wrong with it?

Well water pump cycles approximately every 60 seconds when water is running [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I have a deep well that supplies water to the whole house and in the basement, I have a bladder type water pump. I drained the pump the other day to fix a leak at the pressure gauge and the pipe that it is connected to. After I finished, I ran the water tpo test and the pressure was good and...

Pump on/off while running water [ 2 Answers ]

When i run water from my deep well pressure tank system, the pump kicks on and off every 1-2 seconds the whole time the water is running. Pressure is good, but a very pronounced surge that wasn't there a few months ago.

Water pump keeps running [ 3 Answers ]

The water pump to my well doesn't shut off some times. The water pump pressure switch sticks on, either because of the switch or the pressure gauge. If I tap the switch box it will click off. I have shut off the circuit breaker and loosened the nut (on the advice from a plumber). This helps for...

View more questions Search