Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TooSweet18 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Can Geritol increase you by getting pregnant?
    I heard by taking Geritol can increase you by having a baby is that true???I really want a baby and i'll do anything to get one....All I do is talk about having a baby to my husband I know he get tired of me talking about it,even though he wanna a baby too.but can som:confused: eone help me out???
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 6, 2007, 02:09 PM
    I don't know about the geritol--so I know this is really in no relevance whatsoever to your question, but just try to chill out a little bit. Give the baby idea some time to develop. The more you worry about it, the more dissapointed you get when you find out your not pregnant. It was as soon as we quit trying that I ended up pregnant--it was amazing. Kind of irritating because I wanted it so much sooner... but now I have my little boy and he was deffinitely worth the wait!
    don8 Posts: 75, Reputation: 16

Mar 6, 2007, 02:14 PM
    My husband and I are trying to have a bay also and I went to walgreens and asked them about a vitamin that could help and they recommended geritol. I don't know if it does or not but that is what they said to try.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 6, 2007, 02:15 PM
    No, actually geritol won't do anything to help you get pregnant. The only thing you can do in reality is RELAX.

Take a deep breath in through the nose, blow slowly out through the mouth. LOL. Just relax.

Honestly, the more stressed out you are, the harder it is to get pregnant. Although you may not always feel stress, your body reacts to certain things as if they are stress. Being excited is a stressor on on your body for example.

How old are you? There may be some hormonal issues involved. I can help better if I know your age.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2007, 03:25 PM
    Did you know that liquid Geritol contains alcohol? I used to work as a pharmacy tech and even the Pharmacist did not know that - I had that in a Wall Street Journal of all things.

Here is the listing of ingredients in liquid Geritol:

Ingredients
    Per Tablespoon (1/2 fl oz): Sugars 7 g; Thiamine (Vitamin B1) 2.5 mg; Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 2.5 mg; Niacin 50 mg; Vitamin B6 0.5 mg; Pantothenic Acid 2 mg; Iron 18 mg; Methionine 25 mg; Choline Bitartrate 50 mg; Invert Sugar; Purified Water; Alcohol 12%; Brewers Yeast; Ferric Ammonium Citrate; Caramel Color; Citric Acid; Niacinamide; dl-Methionine; Benzoic Acid; Thiamine HCl; Flavors; d-Panthenol; Sodium Hydroxide; Pyridoxine HCl
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2007, 05:26 PM
    How long have you been trying to conceive?
    TooSweet18 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 07:17 PM
    7months now
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 9, 2007, 08:09 PM
    While 7 months does indeed sound like, and I am sure feels like, a long time, it is really about average. The typical woman who is "trying" to become pregnant usually takes about a year.

There are factors though that can cause it to take longer, such as stress. The hormones that are released from stress, including just the everyday stress from trying and taking a HPT and getting a negative, act negatively on our bodies and can cause conception to take longer.

I know it sounds like a myth, but it is not, just by relaxing and not trying women tend to get pregnant more quick.

Also, do you know when you ovulate? Do you have sex too often? Have you had a recent physical?
    carmen h Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Damn I am 18 2 and me and ma husband been trying for the last 7 month 2 but nothing happens I need help ma self can't any body help me I want I baby girl so badly and ma husband 2 I want to know that's that geritol does work and its not going to be bad 4 ma healh!! I wonder why there are so many bad mothers that's don't even want 2 have a baby and they get pregnant and we try 2 and we cant??
    ManaDee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Carmen h... I know what you mean about mothers who don't want children and get them. I have seen sooo many of them. I am 22 and my husband and I have been trying for the last year and a half to conceive but no luck. We did 9 months of Fertility treatments and still nothing. I have had 3 people say that Geritol did help them. Once of them was on it for 3 months and got Pregnant, one for 1month and the other was only 2weeks!! Geritol is not bad for your health. It is a multi-vitamin with iron. So even if it doesn't help you conceive its not bad because you are getting the proper vitamins your body needs to prepare you for when you do get pregnant. But I just started it today and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it helps me.

BABY DUST TO YOU AND ALL OTHERS TRYING
    aprilreed2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 12:05 PM
    Well me and my husband have been trying for years and he and I really want kids we just got married in aug but it seems like I can't have a baby if I can only have one I will be happy and blessed with that so please help me
    wwjdpink01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2011, 05:29 PM
    Geritol complete does indeed work i have two beautiful boys husband and i tried for a year just the old fashion way no help, we tried geritol and we were pregnant after 2wks of taking geritol so yes geritol complete will work!
    wwjdpink01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2011, 05:32 PM
    Geritol complete tablets does indeed work my husband and i tried for a year (the old fashion way) no help and nothing happen a friend told us about geritol he and i both took one a day after two weeks we were pregnant with twins so yes it definitely helps!
    quita1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 07:45 PM
    I got geritol but have not took them long enough to know if it works but I'm going start tomorrow...
    jeanetteammus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 11:45 AM
    Can you pregnant taking gertor vitmans
    jeanetteammus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 11:47 AM
    Can you get pregnant taking gertor vitmans
    michelle24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 04:50 PM
    I have had one ectopic in 2009 and I took geritol when I had my one miscarriage in 2012 do yuu think I'm am able to have children well healthy children as that?
    michelle24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2012, 04:52 PM
    I have had ome ectopic in 2009 and I took geritol when I had my one miscarriage in 2012 do you think I'm am able to have children well healthy children as that?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle24 View Post
    I have had one ectopic in 2009 and i took geritol when I had my one miscarriage in 2012 do yuu think im am able to have children well healthy children as that?
    Unless you have had medical testing that shows a problem, then there is no reason to believe that you can't have a healthy pregnancy and baby. It is truly unfortunate, but many women will have a loss, or even several, before they have a full term pregnancy.

If you have concerns, see your gyn for a full check-up. Discuss your plans to become pregnant. If you are trying to conceive, start taking a prenatal vitamin now. Make any other lifestyle changes that you know would be healthy.

In regards to the Geritol. Were you trying to increase cervical mucus?
    olivia12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2012, 02:30 PM
    I am 19 years old and me and my boyfriend have been trying for 2years and nothing has happen I get my period every month my boyfriend cousin told me to started taking Geritol that it could help because that's how she got her 1st one I started taking it today hopefully I can get pregnant I really want to baby I been trying for 2 years now and nothing happen I hope it really helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Height Increase [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Neville. I am 19yrs old and 5"11 in height. I would like to make it 6+. Can you tell me some stretches or exercises that will help me. I have heard pressing the midpoint of the toe stimulates the pituitary gland. Can you show me some some natural and effective method, please.

Increase in Height Possible ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am 24 years old, and my height is 5-7 inches. Is it possible to increase the height ? What about the Yoko Height Increaser and other products which gave money back guarantee for such products?

Height increase [ 1 Answers ]

Hello sir, I'm subhash and I'm 22 right now . My height is 5'6" sir i want to make it has 5'8" help me what I have to do to increase my height moreover I went to gym for 1year does it will have any impact on my height increase tell me. What exercises I have to do shall I go for yoko...

Rent increase in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been renting an apartment for a about a year under a lease contract in New Jersey. I have had no problems with the landlord or have they had a problem with me that I am aware of. Heat and electric utilities are included in my rent. I am very mindful and considerate of the use of...

I need to increase the price. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I write a letter for a cleaning business to increase the price of the weekly cleaning. We have not had a price increase in 7 years.

View more questions Search