Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bubbaj379 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 03:28 PM
    Truck Driving Schools for Felons
    I am looking for a truck driving school or a company with paid training that will hire a felon. Can anyone help?
    blackice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 12:00 PM

Is there a truck driving school for ex offenders
    Madman20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 10:22 AM
    The longer it's been since your conviction and the longer you've been out seem to affect eligibility. Although my conviction was 22 years ago, I still did not qualify for several companies or schools because I have only been out for a year and a half. Here are some of the reasons I have been given for denial: Haven't held a valid driver's license for at least 3 years, haven't been out of prison for at least 5 years, and that I haven't been out for at least 10 years. One school mentioned that my conviction had to be at least 20 years old to qualify, which it was, but maybe that's holding a lot of people back too.

As of yet, I have applied with 5 companies that have schools and 5 other independent recruiting agencies... but in the week since have not had a single positive response.

I will update this if I get one so you can try the same company/agency. If you've learned of one, please post an answer here too.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 12:36 PM

You can go to a trucking school and have it financed through the government. It is a loan and is not free - but it's out there. Ask the school for further info.

As for being a felon - each company's policies are different. They must adhere to whatever their insurance carrier mandates as far as hiring is concerned.

You need to have at least 5 years out from any conviction for starters. Having a felony record can present a problem. You just have to keep applying to companies and you'll get lucky.

Having a clean personal driving record is definitely a plus.
    ivangonzales Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 12:09 PM
    Comment on blackice's post
    I don't know what all these questions have to do with any thing... So, canyou please send me emails on how I can go to Truck driving school being a convicted felon
    mukta1m04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2011, 07:48 PM
    Primeinc.com boss
    magnum24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2012, 05:59 PM
    What truck driving school can I go to with 2 felonies and 5 misdamenors
    kai thomas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2012, 03:27 PM
    Yes please in job training
    supererwin1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2013, 01:21 PM
    I have been out of prison for six years and got a grant to tdds and they still would not let me go to their school because I was an ex felon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

Trucking Driving Schools for Ex-Felons [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone provide names of reputable truck driving schools who accept those with a felony?

Truck driving schools for felons [ 2 Answers ]

Truck driving schoos for felons

Truck driving jobs for felons [ 12 Answers ]

Are there any trucking companies out there who are willing to hire felons... give us a chance to get back into society, gainfully employed, clean and sober. I am looking specifically in the Houston, Harris County area for local work. :cool:

Felons trying to get a truck driving job [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 22 felon and I am trying to find a company that will hire me fresh out of school.

View more questions Search