Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cortesmb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Cylinder Lock Altima 97
    I need to replace the cylinder lock I bought for my Nissan altima GXE 1997 but it seems too difficult to do. I don't have the diagramas or schematics and the piece does not have intallation instructions. I'm doing this because my wife lost the ignition key and the locksmith charges over a 100 bucks when I just bought this piece for 40...
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Mar 6, 2007, 01:43 AM
    Haynes repair manual #72015 that can be found at many auto parts stores for around
    $ 16 has the info your looking for on page 12-6. Be sure to remove both positive and
    Negative battery cables then wait at least 10 minutes before working around the steering
    Column. This will ensure there is not a chance the airbags could possibly accidentally deploy.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Procedure should be similar to the following:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224842

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'81 accord Ignition lock cylinder [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a replacement ignition lock cylinder for my '81 accord and was reading the instructions on how to change it out with the old one. Anyway, it said to insert the key and turn to the 'ON' position in order to line up the roll pin to disengage the old lock. If I had the key to turn the lock,...

Key won't turn after installing new ignition lock cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I own a 1996 honda hatchback. My car required a new ignition lock cylinder. I ordered one off line and went about replacing it. I managed to get it installed. But my problem is after I connect the ignition switch to my new ignition lock cylinder my car won't allow me to turn my key all...

Civic randomly misfire on cylinder #4? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 97 civic ex 5 speed that is reading code cylinder 4 randomly misfire.Can anybody help me solve this problem.:) :)

View more questions Search