Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovemy3azboys Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2012, 10:54 AM
    Hunter Switch/Housing Assembly
    We just moved into a home with a Hunter ceiling fan, we found a broken light kit in the garage. Husband bought what we believed was a light kit assembly that was made of plastic. The piece is what is under the light fixture/bulbs & just above the glass globe. It is part of the part where the chain goes through the globe. The part broke because it was plastic rather than metal. I called Hunter, was told that fan #20581 was discontinued. Also told that I didn't need a light kit assembly but a switch/housing assembly. I can't find a diagram to confirm it has the part I need. Again the part I need is between the switch/housing assembly & the globe.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 16, 2012, 11:24 AM
    If that switch was for the light kit, you may just need a pull switch(it will have 2 wires attached), some light switches have 3 wires to allow 2 bulbs, the other 2 bulbs and 3rd click is all bulbs, if it has 4 wires, it would be the speed switch.
    lovemy3azboys Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2012, 12:40 PM
    It appears to only have 2 wires going into the piece that is broken. I am attempting to attach photos
    Attached Images

Uber Member

May 16, 2012, 01:26 PM
    These are very common and available everywhere for less than $5.
    Home Depot, Hardware stores etc.
    If the Light an Fan are on separate wall switches, the switch could be eliminated and connect the 2 wires at the switch. Now it will work from the wall.
    Uber Member

May 16, 2012, 01:27 PM
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Pull...w=1008&bih=603

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to install a new hunter ceiling fan and a new hunter switch fan and dimmer in [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to install a new hunter ceiling fan and a new hunter switch fan and dimmer in one... I can get the light to work on the dimmer and or the fan and light on the dimmer but not the fan to work on the fan switch... I don't know where the blue wire coming out of the switch goes ...

Humming sound from the booster assembly, I think the pressure switch is bad. No Heat [ 3 Answers ]

My Furnace is not turning on, I only hear a humming sound from the booster assembly. I have read on some mobile homes web sites that if the booster assembly is working that the pressure switch is bad. I just want to make sure before I order the part. Trying to save money.

Hunter fan switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hunter 23852 Original,switch broken,three pulls nothing,next pull very low,next pull very high,need medium,thanks [email protected]

Headlight switch assembly, 88 honda prelude [ 1 Answers ]

Need info on how to replace headlight switch assembly on 88 honda prelude. Any help would be appreciated. Was told that I would have to remove steering wheel. If so, any info on that procedure would also be a great help. Thanks.

View more questions Search