Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7415 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
    How to deal with a 17 year old lying
    My daughter drove 60 miles on a highway down the shore with four other friends, after telling us she was sleeping over a friend's house. Then she let another girl drive her car who only has a permit not a license. The police stopped them and gave the girl driving a ticket. She is a good kid but what would be an effective punishment.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 12, 2012, 02:08 PM
    I would take away her driving privileges for a while, but would have to think about for how long.

What responsibilities does she have at home? How are her grades?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 12, 2012, 02:20 PM
    You allowed a 17 year old to take a car and be gone over night, is that what you are saying?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 12, 2012, 02:25 PM
    Ballenger has a good point. What was the sequence of events? She was to sleep over at a friend's (nearby?) but then took off with her friends for a impulsive 60-mile trip? Or what?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A lying mother... How do I deal with her... PLEASE HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a mother who lies a lot... So much so that when she is actually telling the truth I cannot tell if it is a lie or not. She bad mouths me to family members and always tries to make me and my sisters look bad in front of others... So that they will feel sorry for her. She lies about her...

He's been lying for over a year... [ 4 Answers ]

So I've been dating my boyfriend for 1 1/2. It was one of those whirlwind, everything is perfect courtships. Except he started to become obsessed with know my past and insuring that I was a "good person". Why? He comes from an abusive and dysfunctional family background and wanted to insure that...

16 year old runaway- How to deal [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My 16 year old cousin has run away from home and come to me. I am 24 and living on my own. Since she has run away her parents have been making my life a living hell. Calling 10 times a day, calling me every name under the sun, spying on my apartment, calling me at work, spamming my...

How to deal with a lying teenager? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend's teenage daughter got caught lying and sneaking to smoke weed. He doesn't want to say the wrong things that might make her become more creative to hide other unacceptable activities? He is more concerned about the lying part and her being easily manipulated by others? How can he...

My 12 year old's behavior.Lying specifically [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old daughter that loves to stay on the cell phone, well text really, and she lies constantly and is very sneaky. I have preached till I don't know whatelse to do. I have her in Church and have explained that she needs to focus on school, not boys... Help:eek:

View more questions Search