Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdgoldpanner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2012, 06:43 PM
    Red white black wires electric motor
    AC motor, three wires coming out. 1 Red, 1 Black, 1 White. How do I hook them up?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 2, 2012, 06:43 PM
    Hook them up to what?
    sdgoldpanner Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2012, 07:34 PM
    Hooking up wires in a motor.
    AC motor, three wires coming out. 1 Red, 1 Black, 1 White. How do I hook them up to electricity to make the motor run?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 3, 2012, 09:24 PM
    What does the motor plate say about voltage
    ?

May 4, 2012, 03:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdgoldpanner View Post
    AC motor, three wires coming out. 1 Red, 1 Black, 1 White. How do I hook them up to electricity to make the motor run?
    I know I look like a jerk, but do you really think this is enough information to give you any sort of accurate answer?

This is the best I can do under the circumstances: Motor Connection Diagrams
    scottinottawa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 05:56 PM
    I have the same question... the motor is out of a toy rc car and I want too hook up a esc but there are 3 leads coming out of the motor red white.. and black (note the black wire is smaller than the other two,almost looks like a ground)while the esc hase only two wires for the motor?without pulling the motor how can it be hooked up/ do I just leave the black wire?

May 22, 2012, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scottinottawa View Post
    i have the same question...the motor is out of a toy rc car and i want too hook up a esc but there are 3 leads comming out of the motor red white.. and black (note the black wire is smaller than the other two,almost looks like a ground)while the esc hase only two wires for the motor?without pulling the motor how can it be hooked up/ do i just leave the black wire?
    There is a ton of RC information on the web. Sites like Tower Hobbies and others, plus YouTube are very helpful.

Here is a three part series on motors and ESCs: RC Motor and ESC Wiring - Part 1 - YouTube
    scottinottawa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 04:40 AM
    As good as the vid was it still doesn't help... I need to know what to do with the black wire,as I do not want to get a new esc and I don't want to open the rear drive train up and get a new motor... there must be a way I can do this/
    :(

May 23, 2012, 10:18 AM
    I know my way around and RC car pretty good, but unfortunately I can offer no help with this. Maybe someone else here is familiar.

Best I can suggest is to post this to an RC/hobby message board. This is a "Home & Garden > Electrical & Lighting" message board. Your situation does not at all relate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring new fixture, red,black and white wires [ 15 Answers ]

From switch many white wires,wire nutted together, black to switch, red to switch. From ceiling, whites nut together black nut together ,red nut together.one black wire Hanging down from previous light fixture, one red, and one white. Which wires do I use for Fixutre which has one white...

Black, red and white electrical wires? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 red, 1 black and 1 white wire from ceiling. I am installing light fitting with brown wire and blue wire. One combination works but the switch does not turn light off. What should I do. Please help. Thanks heaps. Ally

Red white and black wires IN THERMOSTAT? [ 0 Answers ]

I have red, white and black wires coming off the wall of my old thermostat and I bought a programmable thermostst and confused which wire to connect. I HAVE Rc,Rh, W,Y,G.

Connecting red black tan and wires to ceiling fan with blue black green and white wir [ 2 Answers ]

How to connect red black tan and wires to ceiling fan with blue black green and white wires

Wires red black and white [ 14 Answers ]

I took off the dryer receptical to wire a 250V. 20A electrical receptecal. There are a black white and red. Do I assume the red is green because it's the only wire that doesn't match the directions. Red seems hot though no.

View more questions Search